Thanks a lot Lyons Landing!

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by bucksrus, Jun 4, 2015.

1. bucksrus

bucksrus

After making my reservations 6 months ago for our annual Fletchers Pond trip, got a letter in the mail today with my deposit saying they won't be open pending the sale of the property. Our trip is in 2 weeks! I was told they made the decision months ago....Thanks for the last minute cancellation where we now have to scramble for other arrangements.

Seems just about everyone is booked now on the pond for our weekend but I'm working on it. According to another landing they just made their last reservation for another guy that got his letter from Lyons yesterday cancelling for this weekend! Already have vacation time scheduled so don't have many options. Hoping it'll still work out. Sorry for the vent just po'd.

2. btoma

btoma

Same thing with us. Couldn't wait to fish and relax for a week but no. We got our money back and a letter yesterday. We are also going up in 2 weeks with our yearly family trip. Called Jacks landing yesterday morning trying to get enough spots for our family but they only had 4 at the time but not enough for our family. Ended up getting in at Killions landing. Looked it up today they are asking $275,000 for the north campground. Not too happy about the last minute cancelation. Hopefully someone buys it and gets it running soon.

3. tmilldrummer

tmilldrummer

She called me today and let me know, thankfully I don't have a trip planned until August. That's too bad all around, they were good folks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. btoma

btoma

Better call another place soon if you are planning on going to fletchers. Jacks landing is filing up fast. They said they had at least 6 people call yesterday morning before us making reservations.

5. bucksrus

bucksrus

Jacks and Fletchers were totally full but I ended up getting a spot at Killions yesterday. They were full too but he's making me a spot to bring the travel trailer. Nice guy.

6. btoma

btoma

Glad to hear you found a spot to go. They were very accommodating for us needing 5 camping spots. We will be up at Killions the 20-28. Maybe we'll see you there.

7. gatorman841

gatorman841 Premium Member

Damn buddy that sucks!!! Them dirtbags waiting till now to let u know :rant:

8. shametamer

shametamer

I have a friend that has a " vacant lot" on fishing site rd., about a 1/3rd of a mile north of the dnr launch. If you're self contained I imagine you could pull in there and camp..

9. ma1979

ma1979

10. bucksrus

bucksrus

Thanks fir the offer tamer! All worked out now at Killions but that's really cool. Be up there the 19th and fishing the 20th and 21st btoma. Renting a boat from Fletchers Landing. Never got enough nerve to put my boat in there! Lol

11. shametamer

shametamer

Jacks aye? i go back to the days when they had steel boats(because of the stumps) holes in the side to allow water into make shift type livewell.....the stumps trees and logs are not nearly as bad as they once were...check out some of the pictures at jacks from floodings early days(they have an album generally on the counter at the restaurant)...I second that on the boat..i put many aluminum tubs in..but now owning two glass..its a place i havent been in three years...lol
    If the weather makes the pond too rough..wander over to long lake..just west of hillman...they have splake and walleye along with the usual cast of characters...nifty sunken islands and the like and she is ALWAYS fishable..we were out on her back in 02/03 when a tornado came thru montmorency county...got a couple of nice splake that evening!

WallyWorld likes this.
  12. jim allen

jim allen

little bit of goodnews my family and I are looking at reopening lyons landing, l ook for it to be open soon

13. jim allen

jim allen

14. jim allen

jim allen

look for a reopening of lyons landing, my family and I are looking to purchas the campround

15. tmilldrummer

tmilldrummer

That is great news! We were just up two weekends ago and stayed at Paradise Lodge, we will never stay there again... We were actually discussing looking into what was going on at Lyons and talked about buying it and reopening it with a nice in ground pool and family friendly activities. If you were able to do something like that you could make an absolute killing. The one downfall of the campgrounds up there is that they are all only geared towards fishing, which makes it hard to keep wives and kids that happy and busy. Good luck, and let us know when you are open!

herefishyfishyfishy and ma1979 like this.