Thank you Darkhouse Community!

Discussion in 'Darkhouse Spearing' started by Mr. Botek, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Mr. Botek

Mr. Botek

I will make this as brief as possible.

I want to thank all of you in the Darkhouse community for the last 3 years supporting the Darkhouse organization. In January of this year I informed the leadership group of our organization that this would be my final year that I would be a part of running things. I will continue in my roles until a replacement or replacements are found, or 31 Oct. (to allow transition time)

It has been educational, informative, frustrating, fun and rewarding.

I hope you will all continue to support those working on your behalf as they protect and promote Darkhouse angling in Michigan so that we and future generations can enjoy this traditional way of harvesting fish for the table.

Vulcan, Duke, SplitG5 and 13 others like this.
  2. crittrgittr

crittrgittr

Thanks for all you've done Dean.

Scottygvsu, Bucman and RLWagner like this.

3. zer0

zer0

Enjoy your retirement Mr. VP

Scottygvsu and RLWagner like this.
  4. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Since you won’t be actively promoting Darkhouse will you be participating in spearing during the Black Lake Shivaree? If so see you there.

5. Bucman

Bucman

Im new to the MDAA but thanks for all you have done Dean.

6. jasonmichalski

jasonmichalski Darkhouse Ninja

Thanks again Dean, I got a brief taste of how stressful it can be dealing with issues that most people don’t even know are going on, it makes me even more great full for all the time and effort you put into fighting for our traditions. You helped advance the MDAA and help revive it, that’s something you should be proud off.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

ttop23, crittrgittr, RLWagner and 6 others like this.
  7. Timberdoodle2

Timberdoodle2

along jason words, how did it go with two folks that got invited to the muskie meeting?

8. crittrgittr

crittrgittr

They're pictures are now posted on the side of Milk cartons, at the grocery store. ;)

Timberdoodle2 and jasonmichalski like this.
  9. Duke

Duke Habitual outdoorsman

It was great meeting the guys and shootin the breeze at the Michigan Muskie Alliance banquet. It was also an extremely successful night for Michigan’s musky fisheries, the funds raised will increase the number of muskies stocked and add 15+ transmitters for the LSC tracking study this year.

10. RLWagner

RLWagner

The banquet was well organized and attended. Everyone treated us great. Had some super convo with Duke, Vano, the DNR rep and many others.

Was impressed to learn that the club had matched donations to the tune of 4k and used that money to buy minnows for the DNR. So rather than releasing the tiny toothy critters when the food budget ran out, the donated minnows allowed for the tykes to grow much larger, enhancing their chance at survival when released.

The DNR only has a budget that allows 3 transmitters to be purchased for Anchor Bay Muskie telementary study tagging.

So the 15 additional transmitters at a substantial cost is awesome to hear about. With So little known about the annual movement of Anchor Bay fish, this is an important move to change that. Kudos to the club and members that are making it possible.

One thing that stood out as interesting to me from the study so far, was the fish tagged in the Detroit River during the spawing season. He moved to Buffalo New York, and returned to the same spot in the D a year later. Nice swim.

Food, facilities, live and silent auctions, raffles etc, very well done, entertaining, educational, a class act.

Very pleased to have had the generous offer to attend. Well worth my time. Thanks for the opportunity.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018