Terrova or Xi5?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by settingnet, Jul 19, 2020.

1. settingnet

settingnet

Hi All -
    I have an 18ft Alumacraft and am getting ready to pull the trigger on a bow mounted trolling motor. Reviews on each are available online but I am looking for feedback from real users on this board. Any feedback is appreciated thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. fishrod

fishrod

Love my terrova, one bad motor. Best thing ive ever bought for my boat.

settingnet likes this.

3. piketroller

piketroller

Both are good motors. The hand held remote for the Xi5 is easier to use without looking at it, and the motor turns side to side faster, making it better for vertical jigging than the Terrova, and probably better to use for casting too if you don’t use the foot pedal. The screen on the Terrova remote gives you info about what speed the motor is set at which can help with trolling. The Terrova also has a useable foot pedal which is much better for casting than any hand held remote. The Xi5 foot pedal is not good. I don’t know how many speeds the Terrova has, but the Xi5 has 20 speed levels between prop off and max thrust.

settingnet likes this.
  4. settingnet

settingnet

5. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

I wanted an XI-5 but, I found one terrova from the 4-5 stores I called in the area. I couldn’t even find an XI-5 on line. Don’t let that discourage you though. Just keep on the hunt. I don’t have any reviews for the terrova as I’ll be installing it within the next 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. settingnet

settingnet