Team "Lucky 13"

12K views 343 replies 17 participants last post by  Spike Country 
#1 ·
Hi All,

This is our new team thread!

Time to start whacking some does!

Koz

#4 ·
Ok Boys I'm back from Colorado! Wish I had some great story's about the elk I was hunting but it was tough hunt and we went 1 for 7. My buddy killed a 4x4 on the last night but I think things were about to jump off. Even the local hunters we talked to said it was one of the worst year they had seen, zero rut activity.

#10 ·
#5 ·
My dad is headed to IL the 3rd week of October for a DIY public land hunt and had a guy in his group cancel so I’ll be headed down there for at least 4 days. Should be fun learning a new area.

#6 ·
The good bad news is my freezer is about empty and several does will have to fill the room I had reserved for elk meat.:evil:

I will have one youth for the youth season but it looks like Sunday morning may be all mine. Deer sign looks to be promising for this year.

Capt Koz hit the nail on the head, does are huge in this contest. Shoot em if you got em. I realize not everyone may be in an area to do so but if you are don't hold back. Lol!!!

#12 ·
I have a public land doe permit for Wexford county, shouldn't be any problems filling it. Now I have jinxed myself great lol.
As if hangin with jr wasn't bad enough!

#11 ·
Thanks for including your Team Roster! ;)

#24 ·
Have a great time, Saturday morning should be phenomenal!!! The afternoon is good also. Sunday can be tough from the ruckus on Saturday. Maybe one of the boys can beat Steve's record of 3 dead does in 20 minutes.......

I won't be around, have a wedding Saturday.

#34 ·
Reactions: hemry1982
#36 ·
Good luck to everyone getting out this weekend - let's knock down a couple does. Koz, thanks foe being captain - and for posting the trail cam pics to motivate us. My plan is to sneak out Sat afternoon.

Anyone heard of the Deercast app? I heard Mark Drury on a podcast where he talked about predicting deer movement. It was really, really interesting. In it he mentions the Deercast app which considers MANY factors in determining deer movement/activity in a particular area. It just came out and is free this year. My guess is that you'll need to pay for it next year. I installed it and it said that Sat and Sunday will be 'great' for movement in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor. Here's a link to the podcast: http://wiredtohunt.com/2018/08/30/w...cting-deer-movement-masterclass-w-mark-drury/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.