Team #7....Blood Moon....Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by pgpn123, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

Congrats! I see backstraps in your future!

pgpn123 likes this.
  2. bigal06

bigal06

Congrats on a great buck!

pgpn123 likes this.

3. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Nice buck, congrats

pgpn123 likes this.
  4. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Oct 23 to nov 17th ill be going full ballz to the wall

pgpn123 likes this.
  5. pgpn123

pgpn123

I'm off Oct 31 thru Nov 17. And can hunt everyday after work. Rut is getting closer.

jr28schalm likes this.
  6. jvanhees

jvanhees

Congrats on the buck Rick!

7. pgpn123

pgpn123

Still limiting sits. Saw nice buck at dark the other day, couldn't tell how nice.
    Rye/ww getting browsed. 20201010_140003.jpg

QDMAMAN, bigal06 and jr28schalm like this.
  8. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

Saw a nice 8 yesterday morning but he was 30yards out through some thick brush. I couldn't get a shot. Last night I saw 5 including one nice one. There was chasing going on towards last light.

pgpn123 likes this.
  9. kevin2

kevin2

Sounds like a couple of really good sits. I've been rained out and thunderstormed out the last few days. Tomorrow is looking like a better wind with less chance of heavy rain. HOpe you get a crack at one of the good ones again...

pgpn123 and jr28schalm like this.
  10. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

I'm heading out this afternoon again. Its was dead calm this morning! It was an absolute blessing to sit there and watch all the wildlife (except deer lol).

How do you like your Garmin Xero? Garmin makes some amazing products. I've been using IQ bowsights for a couple years and just picked up an IQ Define Pro. I can't use peep sights. The IQ has the "retina lock" that eliminated the peep.

pgpn123 likes this.
  11. kevin2

kevin2

It is amazing. Really amazing. It has a built in IQ feature where you set up the aiming device AND laser beam with this tiny round green circle to have the even smaller red pin inside of it to produce not only a confirmation that the laser is going to where you are aiming your red pin BUT to verifiy that your form is indeed identical to when you set up your sight originally. When you push that range finder button, you know immediately that your form is dead on OR a bit off. It is super easy to adjust too if you find that the red pin starts to fall outside that green circle. For when you hold on a deer for a long time, it is easy to check if you've fallen out of form periodically by just tapping the range button WHICH immediately shows you the green circle and red pin at the top of the scope. I used that feature to take my 1st deer last year several times while I was pulled on this deer waiting for it to turn broadside.

We had a IQ sight, so it is very similar to that, only more fine tuned I think with the computer and screen integration. To top if off, the fact that you don't have to have a range finder separate to your sight is in my opinion the biggest innovation in bow hunting in decades. The computer inside does all sorts of cool stuff too. I highly recommend it to shooters looking to really up their game. Worth every penny. I got it on sale, but it was even cheaper a month later! I'd keep an eye out of Garmin coupons/deals.

pgpn123, Brian Berg and jr28schalm like this.
  12. walleyerick

walleyerick

Got out a couple of times this week. Sat on one of my plots early in the week and saw 21 does and fawns. Last night I went to one of my "observation" stands and saw a nice 130ish ten point. needed a rifle to reach him though.

bigal06, Brian Berg, pgpn123 and 2 others like this.
  13. kevin2

kevin2

21 deer sit sounds like a blast. I'm always extremely happy with just seeing at least 1 deer of any size or shape at any distance. Most I ever saw was a few years back when I had deer in front of my for a few hours, 75+, with only a few being Bucks. Took 2 doe and couldn't get a shot on the only buck that was inside 15 yards from sundown till dark, he fed right up a spot that didn't offer a shot through the branches, no matter how hard I tried!

14. Mike4282

Mike4282

Well I'm back from Colorado. No elk died at the hands of my crew. It was disappointing to see people everywhere after hiking into the wilderness at 11000 feet. I quickly made up for it my first day back home taking this doe last night.

So here's to 7 points for team Blood moon. IMG_20201017_202651099.jpeg

Sent from my motorola one action using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

15. kevin2

kevin2