Team #7....Blood Moon....Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by pgpn123, Sep 20, 2020.

1. pgpn123

pgpn123

Most important is to enjoy some time hunting. We'll add up any deer we get and it's all good.

walleyerick and Brian Berg like this.
  2. walleyerick

walleyerick

I agree guys, it has been a great season for me as well. I tagged out and was able to take a young man out with me to my gun spot for the first few days. We saw quite a few deer, just not one he was looking for. It is not about the points, but as Herb Brooks said about the 1980 Russian hockey team.... somebody's going to knock those guys off..lol. Judging from what I have read, they all have some tremendous, highly managed land to hunt on.

Brian Berg and pgpn123 like this.

3. kevin2

kevin2

I normally don't hunt gun season, but I got out a few times this past week. Had some fun with my son. I was out the last couple days and did not see a deer until the ride home! WHICH I must admit, I was happy to see a couple deer! I did manage to find a few nice spots with loads of fresh sign, so I might give those spots a look once the woods calm a bit.

pgpn123 likes this.
  4. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

.....or not.
    They stretch the truth.

Get'nLucky and walleyerick like this.
  5. 454casull

454casull

You can notice the trends....or not.....in the pic posts. To say that there have been some thumpers shot this year is an understatement. Lots of double buck posts and lots of free time on peoples hands as well. Has nothing to do with BS&B it's just the season as a whole. Believe it or not!

Get'nLucky likes this.
  6. 454casull

454casull

Only thing stretching was the rules "T"! Then again the freezer space is getting sparse

Get'nLucky and QDMAMAN like this.
  7. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

....or not!

8. QDMAMAN

QDMAMAN Premium Member

Butt hurt much? :D
    IF you guys are as good as you claim you are.....!:whistle:
    Many of you on BS&B thought a reunion tour for H8ed was a good idea....until it happened. Maybe it was the thought of me as a ringer that tripped your triggers....or not!
    https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/announcement.673195/page-2

9. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

Hey yall! I took another doe tonight! That makes 4 deer for the season. One with the bow, the 270, the 25-06, and now the muzzy! Thank You Jesus! She will wind up being mostly jerky. I think it's time to start putting the hunting gear away and start looking at the fishing gear. :) Look at the 300 gr Barnes Expander MZ I recovered. She didn't have a chance. You should have seen the damage it caused. 62915931417__107612C5-0866-48A4-BD1C-46047E45E549.jpg 62916292105__3ACF4484-C8F1-49F0-8298-69E0F7E9C143.jpg

10. kevin2

kevin2

Nice Doe Brian. I haven't seen a deer on public in 5 sits now. Going to another new spot tomorrow, HOPE it pays off!

Get'nLucky and Brian Berg like this.
  11. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

It was the same with me. The "Thanksgiving Shift" had already happened and the food sources on the public were pounded hard by hunters. The ususal travel routes changed. I wound up buying another private land doe tag so I could hunt my own food plot again.

Get'nLucky likes this.
  12. ArrowFlinger

ArrowFlinger

Yes that was supposed to be 2023 after we had a chance to become back 2 back or 3x champs, so you could pair up a contest with all the other back2backs too. Side contest would have been the best route on that one. Here you snubbed all the prior back2backs. Just face the facts, you messed up and nearly every participant in this contest recognizes that.

454casull likes this.
  13. bigal06

bigal06

Merry Christmas!

Brian Berg likes this.
  14. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

Merry Chtristmas to you!

bigal06 likes this.
  15. pgpn123

pgpn123

Merry Christmas all. Looked outside and it's a white Xmas after all.

Brian Berg and bigal06 like this.