Team #6 Deep 6'S

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by snortwheeze, Sep 17, 2020.

1. A.M. General

A.M. General

Sorry to hear about your loss. Never can brace yourself enough to deal with the loss of a loved one and I'm not sure there is a fix to the pain. Hang in there.

Swampdog467, snortwheeze and Baybum like this.
  2. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Back home to Michigan, Van Buren and Iosco
    Very sorry to hear that news snort. I have a some of those friends myself, lost one about ten years ago, knew him since kindergarten as well. Really weird times then for me. Another of those types of friends lost his son, 6 yrs old. Then my wife's grandma, 93 and finally our friend Danny who my wife and I had fixed him up with his wife, he was 43. All within about 6 wks time. Makes you understand that you never know when your time is up and think about what's truly important.

Don't worry about your daughter seeing you cry, kids need to know we are real. I'll be sure and pray for you guys

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

snortwheeze and Baybum like this.

3. Baybum

Baybum

Got out for a regular firearms season sit for the first time in forever this morning. Didnt see anything, but I probably should have figured the marsh bedding I was guarding was skim iced over. Oh well built a ground blind, scouted around a little and found some fresh sign. Rubs with shavings still under them, lots of poop etc. My pants are covered in burrs and my hands are cut up so im happy. Did not hear a shot on lapeer public which is crazy to me.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Swampdog467 and snortwheeze like this.
  4. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Man, that's rough stuff there bud. Sorry ya had to go through all that !

I just went and fixed the front of my buggy headlights. All the abuse I've put it through I broke out the front cover plate for the lights, any rain, wet grass etc they'd pop. Well at 13.99$ for one it was time to fix em. 3$ piece of plexiglass some zip ties and some flex glue **** problem solved !

Can't really get my buddy outta my head. Seems I'll be "ok" laugh about some of our **** we did together then not feel so well the nxt minute.... All I can hope is he didn't feel much. Family found him "sleeping" in his chair.

For deer hunting I'll be in tomorrow. State land I've got a spot in mind that's calling my name. Long ways back and butts up into a bunch of private. Some swampy ass marsh-cattail stuff and oak flat up top.. One bro said it was private but had other bro look on his ON-X and it's not ;) some may think it is though because it's posted on a section THAT SHOULDN'T be, it's public ! Hopefully good news tomorrow gents, appreciate the kind words and good luck out there!

Swampdog467 and Baybum like this.
  5. Swampdog467

Swampdog467

Back home to Michigan, Van Buren and Iosco
    Ya, don't worry about it. Ten years does wonders for healing. Was a real sad deal about my friend though, an accident that shouldn't have happened. Thanks though.

Good luck on "private" public spot, seems like you're overdue!

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

6. Jaspo

Jaspo

Sorry for your loss Snortwheeze. Losing a life long friend is tough to overcome.
    I've been seeing a few deer here and there, my son was able to put one down yesterday. I'll get on the board yet, good luck and be safe.

7. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Congrats too your boy ! Have pictures?
    Yes, it stings pretty bad... It'll take a bit I have a feeling.
    I probably won't make it out now since this rain today kept me out until Saturday-Sunday. Thanksgiving tomorrow & kid duty Friday since the old lady does the black Friday deal.. maybe Friday if I can drop rascal to her cousins.. We'll see. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to y'all and good luck to who ever makes it out !!

8. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

@Swampdog467 over do isn't the word ! Can't remember last time I haven't killed this late in the year :dizzy: one of those, would've, should've, could've ! Sure you guy's seen thread on muzzy's late anterless on public ?
    What do you guy's think ? Way I read any deer..... with snow on the ground and my buggy in there it "should" be easy pickings.
    Very few people out when it does get COLD.
    My hunting clothes are starting to smell like mud instead of dirt !! We need cold.
    This is what book says
    20201125_141558.jpg

Swampdog467 likes this.
  9. Baybum

Baybum

Swampdog and jaspo you guys both have archery bucks to post still correct? That would put us at 4 archery bucks. Lots of doe spots still open but we aren't completely out.

Not too shabby at all for such a rough season for everybody.

Jaspo nice to see you back!

Cooking the first pack of steaks off my doe up tonight. I know lazy not using the grill but it won't stop raining here today and the lil cast iron stove topper does a pretty good job.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
    View attachment 608091
    View attachment 608093

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Swampdog467 likes this.
  10. Jaspo

Jaspo

No deer for me yet this season Bb.
    Happy Thanksgiving team!

11. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

Still here gents. Checking in. What's up?
    Just left a handful of great buddy's that were tight with buddy we lost. Quit a few story's, laughs, cries. Like to think we're a pretty bad group of dudes but its F'd up...
    I'm gonna be busy tomorrow getting the Christmas tree at some place with family but I'll be in the woods Sunday, CAN'T WAIT !!
    Not even sure seasons or what not but seems gun ends soon... I'm going to be hunting my ass off soon !
    Weather needs to turn sooner then later, we need snow and cold.

It's time to get serious for me... I hope you'll had a great Thanksgiving

Swampdog467 and Baybum like this.
  12. buktruk

buktruk

My 17yo got it done this morning. E2C7B124-B044-4DDE-8FA3-183E40C13E53.jpeg

13. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

:eek: wide load ! Congrats to your son

buktruk likes this.
  14. SPITFIRE

SPITFIRE

Great buck congrats!

buktruk likes this.
  15. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

this was yesterday evening. Tried typing from stand.... No Christmas tree today. What a cluster F! :lol: got a stick-tree caught in between wheel and belt. Climb down get it out climb back up.... get going again and something rubbing, back down. Fender got bent, bend it back.. All good. Try and get to spot I wanna be, no go, all posted (which shouldn't be) and and to much fallin down trees blocking me anyways.
    On for a scouting mission way back on some public that's very overlooked.
    Scouted around found a fresh scrape that hasn't been hit. Watching hammered down run ways along with the scrape.. Perfect tree fell down to have a blocker too...NODDA !

Don't count me out fella's, I'll be in till the end. Be out with bow someplace back at that public again next sit

All the leaves rustled around in front of cart from me crawling around :lol: 20201128_150846.jpg 20201128_150216.jpg
    20201128_143758.jpg
    20201128_144140.jpg

GATORGETTER, QDMAMAN and Swampdog467 like this.