TEAM #5 'IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!' Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by Captain, Sep 11, 2020.

1. GATORGETTER

GATORGETTER Premium Member

I’m impressed Travis, you are the man. You must have some epic deer around.

Bobcat and bigbucks160 like this.
  2. T Brown

T Brown

Nope, definitely not the man, just ask my wife lol. I have two deer I’m really interested in this year so they are probably the only two I’ll hunt. I think the deer I passed today was a 3 year old and 120”ish. At first I thought it was the big 8 point I’m after and I almost fell out of the stand reaching for my bow.

GATORGETTER, Bobcat and bigbucks160 like this.

3. Big Skip

Big Skip

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

4. BucksandDucks

BucksandDucks

Tired and a little sore. Saw 8 bucks today, I'm sure that 7 of them were different bucks. 3 of them I wanted to get a closer look at but they were on does and were all around 50 yards. The little guys were all front and center of course.

The stand I was in is really thick on 3 sides and you can see pretty good out front into the weed field.

Tonight I hear grunting behind me in the woods and its moving fast so I figured he was chasing a doe (the only one that I actually saw chasing) I'm catching glimpses and thinking hmmmmmm.

After 20 minutes the doe finally heads my way. She stops at 30 yards and he stops at 50. They stand there for a minute and he takes a step toward her, she trots past me and stops 15 yards away, GAME ON. He looks at her then turns 90 degrees and walks away. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I was actually thinking different words.

None of bucks today were interested in a grunt call at all

5. T Brown

T Brown

We are going to try some turnips and radish tomorrow for lunch. As of right now, I’ll be out in the morning and hunting the “killing tree” as we call it. ENE wind is perfect for that spot. Good luck guys!!! 0182651D-96F6-4978-ADAC-9ABED59232BA.jpeg

QDMAMAN, Bobcat, bigbucks160 and 2 others like this.
  6. GATORGETTER

GATORGETTER Premium Member

Austin and I went to a coworkers place to hunt near Rodney tonight. Austin seen a nice buck, landowner seen a spike and I seen a button buck. It was slow. Had zero cell service. 8111AE71-8C27-4DB6-80EC-C25E229D5F62.jpeg

7. bigbucks160

bigbucks160

It was going to be my 1st morning hunt but I had a small mishap getting out of my stand last night. I was part way down and my bow fell out of my sling(almost positive human error ). Got in and my sights where slightly turned, no way I was going to take a chance shooting at a deer. Going to shoot it in a few hopefully everything is ok.

8. Finally saw a buck this morning. Too young, but great potential. Hunting has been slow lately,I guess that's why I don't usually bother until about the 27th.

A year ago today I killed the ten pt on public land not far from here. He was checking a scrape at first light. Was hoping for some magic like that today.

I'm hoping to hunt a few times this week. I have some good scrapes to hunt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigbucks160 and GATORGETTER like this.
  9. Good on you, you will have it dialed back in and feel confident in no time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigbucks160 likes this.
  10. Captain

Captain Team Yukon

Grindstone City(Fish),Oil City(Hunt),Macomb Twp.
    Last time I was in Iowa my bow rope broke and my bow fell at least 40 feet into a ravine...Site bar was bent, ended up putting it in a vice and taking a hammer to it in the barn that night...had good groups only problem they were all 4”s left...hunted the last day with it but never had a shot op..thank goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Sam22, bigbucks160 and GATORGETTER like this.
  11. BucksandDucks

BucksandDucks

Had 2 small bucks up close at first light then further down the field there was a buck chasing a doe so they took off to join in the fun.
    Saw a couple deer on the edge of a corn field later but I'm not really even looking out in the fields from this stand so who knows how many were out there.

Never saw anything in the woods

bigbucks160, Captain and GATORGETTER like this.
  12. Sewey

Sewey

No hunting for me yesterday, was planning on the morning but woke up with a killer headache that didn’t go away until late morning. I did get out and move my one working cell cam to the spot my pos cam was. Here are a few pics I got while at the Halloween party, wish I could’ve seen what was happening all week...

FB95FF96-4DCD-4B37-8D43-C6DD93F2D2A7.jpeg
    53E17DD2-F758-4F34-89C0-6CAA2A9A9DDB.jpeg

Just exchanged the Spypoint for a Muddy, see how that goes, selection was slim. Happy to see some good bucks on camera, they are about 30 yards from a tree stand I have set. I need a south or east wind to hunt them though. I’ll be out tonight overlooking a field across the road, they could very well make an appearance there as well.

Bobcat, T Brown, GATORGETTER and 3 others like this.
  13. bigbucks160

bigbucks160

image.jpg All dialed in, nothing major wrong. Out tonight and tomorrow morning. Then home for my future DIL B-day dinner back out sometime Tuesday. There’s been a lot of action on my cams back here we will see. Tight area, can’t see far.
    Good luck whoever is out

T Brown, GATORGETTER and Captain like this.
  14. bigbucks160

bigbucks160

These 2 were out in one of my sanctuaries. Definitely out cruising. I’ve got a couple stands over there but usually all day sits, so a no go for today PNG image 2.png PNG image.png

15. Sewey

Sewey

I’m out as well! Got the new cam up on the field across from the house where the big 8 was. It was an easy spot to get to, hope to see him return.

Good luck all!

3C2A6D7E-5DA2-47CC-84E9-9DAFC81869AA.jpeg

bigbucks160, T Brown, Captain and 2 others like this.