Team #3 - 3FORALL Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by bowhunter426, Sep 18, 2020.

1. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Team #3. 3FORALL

bowhunter426 - Captain
    Horseshoe
    buckbuster19
    Nitro225Optimax
    slabstar
    00Buckshot69
    Anita Dwink
    RealTree - Not Yet Checked in.

Here is the official team thread. @RealTree, you have until 9/28 to check in.

Horseshoe and slabstar like this.
  2. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

3. slabstar

slabstar

Its a 3FORALL!!!
    Lets GOOOO!!!

my name is Derek i hunt all over the thumb and hoping to get up to da UP for some rifle hunting this year as well. mostly i hunt public. i do have a couple small private land spots to hunt near imlay city. for the last 5 or so years i have been hunting different spots every time i go out. some spots are new to me, some are old spots i have hunted before. i can usually put up a couple deer for team pts.
    if we are to win this contest, everyone will have to put up at least 2 deer each. archery does are critical and sometimes the deciding factor.

Anita Dwink, Horseshoe and Captain like this.
  4. Anita Dwink

Anita Dwink

I hunt Mecosta and Isabella Counties private and public . Typically take 2-3 deer. Been passing on smaller bucks even before the CWD 4pt APR. Several nice bucks on camera at a couple locations. Pre Covid I was traveling alot for work so I opted to not participate but with more time at the home office I'll be in the woods so game on ! I was the spike killer for years for meat but kids grew up and I probably give away more than we eat anymore. I start on Oct 1 and unless tagged out will hunt to Jan 1st. Like Uncle Ted almost said " got me a deer kill8n band it's a 3forAll !"

slabstar and Horseshoe like this.
  5. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

My name is Greg. I primarily hunt public land in Ottawa County around Grand Haven. Also have access to a small piece of private in Ottawa County that is usually good for 1 deer. Really easy to over hunt that piece so I try to stay out until conditions are perfect. Last year was my first year doing this deer contest.

Plan to hunt Sunday morning to see if I can take a doe. Really hoping jury duty doesn't screw up my rutcation.

slabstar and Horseshoe like this.
  6. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

Was hoping you guys picked up on the Nugent spin on the Threeforall.
    Most of my hunting is in Van Buren county, private land. Deer are there, just have to do my part. Not doing the eas. Gonna try to get out and work on an elevated stand this weekend if I can. It won't be much good until they cut the corn, but it's a good spot.
    A couple of our targets.
    Resized_IMG_0236_401443049754220.jpeg Resized_WGI_0054_397450656545639.jpeg

7. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Those are some nice bucks. Hunted some land in Bloomingdale a 6 years ago for a season and have been looking for land there since.

My main target this year on the private land will be this 5yo 3 legged buck. Have a lot of history with him. Last year he ghosted me most of the season.
    https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/still-alive.630535/
    spypoint.jpg.jpg

This guy has also been hanging around a lot lately

spypoint_979502111698118.jpg

Public land has been a bust so far this year for cameras. More pictures of people than deer.

slabstar and Anita Dwink like this.
  8. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Nice bucks, Jeff! Good luck to your crew this season!

Horseshoe and bowhunter426 like this.
  9. Anita Dwink

Anita Dwink

Good Luck on Sunday Greg.

Carl. AKA ANITA DWINK. Name in honor of Lilly Von Shtoop.

Horseshoe, slabstar and bowhunter426 like this.
  10. RealTree

RealTree

Hey guys! Checking in, sorry for running behind. Do a lot of private land hunting in genesee county. Haven’t ran my cams for the first time this year so we will find out how this season goes. Plan on throwing them out in the next few weeks. Also do some public in Wexford county. Took a few weeks off during the season hoping to put another nice buck on the wall this year!

11. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Glad you could make it.

12. slabstar

slabstar

wELCOME!!! honestly, i have been in this contest for a few years now. its actually rare to have ALL 8 members show up! most years at least one guy doesnt show for check in or all season. so its GREAT to have everyone accounted for and present at our 3 month virtual deer camp!!
    one thing i will say based on past contests. participation in this thread is PARAMOUNT! even if you dont get out hunting, even if you dont have a bunch of pics, conversing here about all things deer make it go smoothly and one or two ppl dont have to keep our team deer thread alive!! i dont care if you have a dream about hunting, write it down in this thread! if your thinking about hunting a spot, write it here! EVERYTHING deer related goes and ALL 8 members will be needed to have an active fun thread!

i did some scouting/ bird hunting this morning. it was cold! no grouse but found some large fresh rubs along the edge of a thick swamp. it was in an area that had some old scrapes and past buck rubs as well. it was a pretty long walk back so it might have some season potential.
    there are other areas near this spot that have better acorns that i will check soon. i do a lot of in season scouting as well.
    not hunting the eas but good luck to all who do!

13. Anita Dwink

Anita Dwink

Did the deep hike this am. Marked my trail on Onx Offline. The spot I was thinking would be good had 2 cross trails and 1 skirting the swamp. A curious doe stood as we walked within 20 yards of her , 2 kids and a sister. Not sure she's encountered many people. She followed us until we started back. Going to be my all day chase phase and late season spot. A couple more squirrels for the freezer. Glad we have the team altogether. Checking game cameras tomorrow. Will share anything interesting.

slabstar and bowhunter426 like this.
  14. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

It's twoo, it's twoo!

Anita Dwink likes this.
  15. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

Did some work on an elevated blind today. Wish I would have had it done a couple months ago, but better late than never. It's not in a good spot for early season anyway. Will be good come gun for sure.
    A couple from camera pull today.
    Resized_IMG_0166_226289638185942.jpeg Resized_IMG_0166_226289638185942.jpeg Resized_WGI_0064_229745716192801.jpeg

slabstar and bowhunter426 like this.