close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team "22" 'Sons of Archery' >>>----->Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2017 Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by Bucman, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Bucman

Bucman

2. Bucman

Bucman

SoA
    I hope we can get the rest of the team going a little more on this string. Im really itching to get out there and fling some arrows. I could use a little rain for my food plots here for sure.
    anybody doing the youth hunt this weekend? I really enjoyed that with my sons back in the day.

CarnageProductions13 likes this.

3. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

I think I am going to be out there but I wont participate in the hunting. I never cared for the early season. That may change in a few years if my kids care to go.

4. CarnageProductions13

CarnageProductions13

I wont be, however my neighbor 2 youth and one vet next door, one usually takes a hit list buck every early season. More power to them I suppose.

Bucman likes this.
  5. Muskegonbow

Muskegonbow

My son isn't really in to hunting. He shot a doe in 2013 during the youth hunt. He'd rather play sports and play with friends. I'm just sitting back and waiting for the day he says take me hunting.

6. Bucman

Bucman

I've been there, sports at school took a ton of their time. Of the 3 one doesn't hunt at all and the other 2 do. My youngest only gun hunts but he's getting the itch more every year he's 27. My middle son is a hardcore guy like me. He's 31 and goes out of state with me, gun, bow whatever he's in. It's a pleasure. All three like to blood trail which is great for me since I can't see blood well at all.

Muskegonbow likes this.
  7. Bucman

Bucman

SoA
    How many years have you been in this contest?
    This is my first.

8. TCcrawdad

TCcrawdad

This is my 2nd year

9. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

This is either my third or fourth year in. I'm yet to shoot a damn buck. In fairness if it's not getting mounted I won't shoot it. I'll always provide 2 Doe archery kills for the team tho. I haven't shot a buck in about 9 years. Just my personal preference to let em go and grow, even if someone else tags him.

10. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

These are the last two bucks taken from the farm within the last 3 years and the last picture is the last buck I shot. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Bucman

Bucman

LOL I commend your restraint D. Mine is not that good :rolleyes:
    Hope you connect twice this year!!

12. Nolan3387

Nolan3387

I currently have no kids, so no youth hunt for me. When I was of age, I think I only went hunting 2-3 times the entire 3 years it was offered (rifle age 14-16). It was hard with football Friday nights especially if the game was further away.
    Don't feel too discouraged about your son, I'm sure one day when all the excitement of being a teenager is winding down he will start to be interested in it.
    I think this is my 3-4 year being in the contest. This is the first year my Primary hunting will be Zone 3. My father had a deer camp up in Cheboygan we hunted for 13 years. He sold it last December. Still hunt gun up at my uncles in Gaylord. The camp was awesome, but during gun there was just too much activity at the neighboring properties and in 13 years we maybe saw 5 deer all gun season. We actually never shot a buck during gun season the entire 13 years we had it. Bow was really good because no one else was up there, but over the years neighbors would randomly show up and she weekend would be shot.
    Anyway, about 2 years ago we started gun hunting at my uncles place east of Gaylord. He has 40 acres that is setup really good and we have had really good success. I have been able to take a buck both years, and last year's was a monster.
    I don't come on the site much anymore. Basically the last 2-3 years has just been to do this contest. I used to be on here all the time especially in the habitat section. It seemed to slowly turn into everything being a bickering match, and 90% of the posts would end up guys bickering rather than answering the original post.
    I will put it out there to everyone on our team that I don't care if you shoot a spike or a 10 point. I know everyone isn't blessed with Southern Michigan Farmland to hunt, so standards are different everywhere.

Muskegonbow, dlawrence1 and Bucman like this.
  13. Bucman

Bucman

I agree shoot what you want. Glad to have you aboard. You must be a young fella. My oldest got to hunt the youth for the first two years it started. Guess that would make me old.:(

14. Nolan3387

Nolan3387

HAHAHA
    I'm not that young. I was still under the Gun hunt age 14 and bow hunt age 12 rules when I reached both those ages. To be honest, I don't even know what the rules for those are anymore.
    I think when I was of age, the Youth hunt was gun only and ages 14-16. It started right around the time I approached 14. My brother is 4 years older than me, and it wasn't available when he was 14-16. I do kick myself for not going more. But at that age you have football, girls, homecoming, ect. Hunting was usually on the backburner, especially morning hunts :)

bigbucks160 and Bucman like this.
  15. CarnageProductions13

CarnageProductions13

This will be my second time participating in the contest, however its been 4 years since i've done this. I took a hiatus from this site most of my college career. (too busy "studying") But now that I have a "real job" and quite a bit of free time along with drawing a doe tag and having some success the past couple years since APR's I'm ready to go again and hopefully contribute to the team. Last time I participated I was able to contribute a doe during gun season, with hopefully ill at least be able to do that again this year. Any word on a banner being made for the team?