close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team "22" 'Sons of Archery' >>>----->Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2017 Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by Bucman, Sep 10, 2017.

1. CarnageProductions13

CarnageProductions13

Left camp early due to the wind shift...plenty of deer activty, saw plenty of deer from the stand, but all antlerless, my bow never left the hanger. Cameras were disapointing, 1 didnt have anything walk in front of it in 3 weeks hmmmm... other had dead batteries...and nothing too exciting on the other. I moved 2 cameras over mock scrapes I made with a Conquest VS-1 and Rutting Buck combo. Hoping for better success next time. Did end up seeing a nice buck at night a 1/4 mile down the road. They're around just laying low! Weather permitting I'll be back October 30th.

2. Bucman

Bucman

I’m back out again after some down time with work and weather. I also been out of touch since my phone had to be replaced.what a pia. Let’s srart stacking em SoAs

TriggerDiscipline likes this.

3. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

I just made it to a quick stand for the evening between standing soy and corn and two yards away is a Apple tree that had been picked clean and not much left on the ground. That's disappointing but needed a quick in for the late arrival. We'll see if anything's moving around if anything. Feels good to be in a tree again.

4. Bucman

Bucman

I’m in a tent between my sanctuary and a corn field. Had a doe and 2 fawns amble by a few minutes ago. Got a scrape and some rubs in front of me coming out of the thicket. Hope to get it done tonight.

5. hicky40cmu

hicky40cmu

I don't know if I'll get out until Oct 28th because of working this and next weekend, soccer games, Boy Scouts, field trip, parent teacher conferences, etc. I am planning on shooting the next big doe I see though and should be hunting a lot Oct 28-Nov 19

6. Muskegonbow

Muskegonbow

Had a shooter at 125 yards tonight. Does winded me ran off and took the buck with them. Maybe next time.

Bucman likes this.
  7. Bucman

Bucman

We need someone to break the ice for the SoAs!!

8. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

I am tempted to take a doe. But I'll wait until Saturday morning due to the heat and take her home Saturday night if I do. Good luck gents!

9. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

Well I made it out Thursday evening and passed on 3 doe. I should of shot, looking at the weather forced me home late afternoon saturday. The rain did help cover my scent and noise level for fixing a couple treestands. 2.5 hours later and a steady rain and I was soaked. Doesn't bother me unless it's 40°.

10. Bucman

Bucman

Finally got pics of my target buck. We call him the bully. Was a 6pt last year 7 this year. He’s at least 5yrs. He’s the dominant deer in my area. Huge body and attitude. Missed my chance last year. Hope to get another this year.

11. Bucman

Bucman

5080A6EA-9E10-4478-8549-500BA00C9548.jpeg

bigbucks160 and Muskegonbow like this.
  12. dlawrence1

dlawrence1

Good luck knocking him down. Its another long week for me at the office but I am going to get out this weekend and punch a doe tag on the first fatty that comes by.

13. LoBrass

LoBrass Premium Member

Slackers are poking big bucks!!!!

Watch and learn wannabes!!!

14. Muskegonbow

Muskegonbow

Seeing lots of deer. Bucks we’re a no show the last two days. I’ll try again Thursday.

15. Bucman

Bucman

PICT0008.JPG Arent my eyes dreamy boys?? You know you want me! :SHOCKED: