Team #17...."Drop The Hammer!".... Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by HUBBHUNTER, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Craves

Craves

Great deer and story Ryan...Thanks for sharing!

Looks like we are down a guy as @Q2shooter hasn't been on the site since October 1st.

Hopefully he is healthy and will show up with his deer soon!

If Covid doesn't screw things up, I will be having my other knee replaced 12/15 and will obviously be done for the year.

Looks like the big guy was killed about a 1/2 mile southwest of me yesterday. He was the only buck I really wanted to shoot. Hopefully another buck will show up. The buck I killed here in 2017 didn't show up on any cameras until the day before I shot him.

Would still like to put one more in the freezer, so I will shoot another doe if the opportunity presents itself.

Good Luck!

HUBBHUNTER and vincke07 like this.
  2. vincke07

vincke07

DNR said 4.5 years old

Dan Jr and Craves like this.

3. LoBrass

LoBrass Premium Member

Hey, on a brighter note, H8ed's Koz Bow just shot a 14 pointer!!!

Figured I should let you know.

H8ed RULES!!!

QDMAMAN likes this.
  4. vincke07

vincke07

Upgraded a bit tonight
    F41192C0-A631-4C74-9FCD-83F16D950C1D.jpeg 2840B305-B3F2-43B9-8B3B-868555453DCD.jpeg

vizslagirl, LoBrass, QDMAMAN and 7 others like this.
  5. Oak Ridge

Oak Ridge

Nice! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

vincke07 likes this.
  6. Craves

Craves

Nice shooting Trevor! Congratulations!

vincke07 likes this.
  7. Dan Jr

Dan Jr

Great job Trevor - Another awesome buck.

Looks like a similar symmetrical rack as your first buck (2 extra points, but maybe 1 yr younger deer?).

Possibly the offspring of your first buck and a doe with even better genes. Hope for you that they both did a lot of breeding the last few years.

Team 17 is making a late surge - Maybe some late season hunting will make us a contender..

vincke07 likes this.
  8. vincke07

vincke07

Thanks, got the last one In Saginaw county. Think he is 3.5, but only dressed out 140. He was hit on his brisket and had some infection, probably during bow season, so I am glad to take him. Will be trying for a doe with the bow later on.

Craves likes this.
  9. MI.FISH-N-HUNTER

MI.FISH-N-HUNTER Premium Member

We'll hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, been out a few time only seeing some does, think I'll take the next one that presents me a shot as the ice fishing season will be upon before you know it! I'm off through the 2nd so going try and get out as much as I can, hopefully put some points on the board for us in the next few days!

Sent from my Pixel using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

I put down a 10 point friday night to close out my buck hunting. My bow buck is an 11 point so that will go on the score board. I may still shoot a doe so I'm not done hunting yet. Keep at it guys! Good luck!

11. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

Congrats on the deer taken recently guys! I forgot to check in here but I did take a nice big doe on the 22nd. with my 30-30 Hoyt! I intend to bowhunt late season as hard as I did the early season.

HUBBHUNTER and vincke07 like this.
  12. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

Copied from LFTS thread the morning I shot her:

Couple firsts for me this morning.
    1.-shot a doe (shot a doe w/Muzzy once)
    2.-used a gun

Got this 30-30 for Christmas in ‘84 and shot my one and only buck with it opening morning in ‘85. I hunted with gun until I was bit by the archery bug my senior year of ‘90. All bucks since then with bow. Fast forward to 2020 and I haven’t shot a deer yet so I thought why not make this year crazier than it already is and try to kill a doe with my gun! I saw 16 deer this morning with one buck chasing at about 7:30. Was quiet for a bit once they all headed into the bedding. At about 9:10 6 doe come out of the orchard, all looking behind them, so now do I wait and see what’s following g or shoot? I decide to wait a bit because the trail they were on was going to actually present me with a better shot so I waited as long as I could but then I had to quickly make a decision as they were going to enter the tall grass and cattails soon. The biggest doe gave me a perfect broadside shot and I took the shot. I knew I hit her good from the mile kick she did and I was able to watch her go down right next to the tractor road! What a beautiful morning it was and I’m grateful to be filling my freezer again. Who knew shooting doe could be so fun! Now it’s time to get the Hoyt back out.
    7BECC346-FEF7-45FD-B7B7-255F331635A0.jpeg

13. MI.FISH-N-HUNTER

MI.FISH-N-HUNTER Premium Member

Hey guys I took a doe tonight, went and hunted a box blind behind my house on one of my little kill plots, was heading around 3:30 when I noticed I'd left my scope on my crossbow on and the battery was dead almost said screw it but decided to jump in the car a go grab some batteries ended up getting out around 3:50 and had 4 does come in around 5:00. I put a nice shot on her, only went about 25-30yrds before she expired ! I post a pic later with my Crossbow IMG_20201202_173138.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

HUBBHUNTER, Craves, vincke07 and 2 others like this.
  14. Dan Jr

Dan Jr

In case you haven't already, make sure to post your deer on the official thread to get our team points.

FYI - There are several successful hunter threads, and you must post to this one to get scored.

MSFDHC 2020 Official Successful Hunter Thread
    https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/...020-official-successful-hunter-thread.698637/

As of yesterday only a few of our deer showed up on the current standings, but I am sure QDMAMAN is busy working on the tally.

Team #17-“Drop The Hammer” 39 pts
    HUBBHUNTER-C
    Hoytman5
    vinke07
    Dan Jr AB15 FD5 (done)
    Craves AD7
    hicky40cmu FB12
    Q2shooter
    MI.FISH-N-HUNTR

Sent from my SM-G960U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

Craves likes this.
  15. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

I am hoping to fill a tag or two in late season with archery gear so I was waiting to submit my rifle deer.

Craves and Dan Jr like this.