close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team #14 "PETA's Nightmare" Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2017 Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by Horseshoe, Sep 14, 2017.

1. 00Buckshot69

00Buckshot69 Premium Member

Me Too!!

Bucky

2. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

It will be a team effort. Even if it is by competing teams!

3. Gobblerman

Gobblerman

I'm sitting in Wisconsin for meetings the next 2 days, my plans are to get out Friday morning. It's time to put some venison on the ground. Good luck everyone.

4. rnc9502

rnc9502

In a tree now, only a lone doe so far,,, last sit til Friday evening

Horseshoe likes this.
  5. buktruk

buktruk

Thinking about battling the rain for an evening sit. We'll see if I get done what I need to in time.

6. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

Rain appears to be done here in SW corner. I'll be out. Hoping for a nice fat slickhead. But one of the nice bucks from tail cam shots would work fine too!

7. kotz21

kotz21

I made it out and had a good hunt. The deer were moving really good between 530 and 700. Ended up seeing 6 deer. 1 little buck and 5 does and fawns. Felt great with the cooler temps.

8. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

I made it out last night too. Blew an opportunity on a nice doe. Came in right as I was about to get down. I had a nice broadside at 25 but forgot to flip off the safety on my x-bow. By the time I got it off she was walking away from me. She finally turned quartering and I took the shot. In my head she had moved out past 40, but in reality she wasn't that far. I clipped across the top of her back. You'd think being 54 years old I'd know better than to rush a shot, but apparently I don't!
    There was a really nice big rub next to my stand that wasn't there Saturday, as well as a big scrape about 40 yards in front of it. I'm feeling pretty good about possibly getting a chance at a good one. Hopefully I'll keep my cool better with him if I do!

00Buckshot69 likes this.
  9. Gobblerman

Gobblerman

Just got back from Wisconsin for work, heading out in the morning. If a nice doe comes by, an arrow will fly.

10. buktruk

buktruk

I sat the other night too. Saw 12 including 2 year and a half old bucks. I also rushed a shot on a doe and blew it.

11. kotz21

kotz21

At first thought, I was a little upset about the rain... first weekend with no family events scheduled. Then I remembered my food plots need to drink ALOT of water due to the drought conditions in my area. Monday into Tuesday seem to be the next best option to try and slip into an evening setup. If your out today, be careful and stay dry!!

12. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

Heading up to Manistee tomorrow morning. Going to set some stands in preparation for next weekend. Will be doing a 3 day hunt up there with some friends. We've been pretty successful the last few years. Hoping it continues!

00Buckshot69 likes this.
  13. Gobblerman

Gobblerman

Had some good action Sunday night, this little 5pt came in and bedded down 22 yards away and stayed for 45 minutes. The date is wrong on the video. Had 2 bucks sparring and 1 grunting and freshening up a rub. Monday morning was wet cold and slow!

14. Horseshoe

Horseshoe

Pretty cool little vid!

The time is getting right, but this warm up isn't too welcome. I think we are looking at near 70 every day for our little trip up to Manistee. Hopefully the deer will be active anyway. We shall see how it goes.

15. Gobblerman

Gobblerman

The challenge for me are these S winds. I don’t have the greatest options for them. I’ll be out next week, hitting it hard then heading to Missouri for 8 Days.