Team 14 Bowvid2020 OFFICIAL

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by TCcrawdad, Sep 15, 2020.

1. TCcrawdad

TCcrawdad

Here we go fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

2. pleistocene

pleistocene

Team#14
    Steve-Captain
    ScipioCreekAssasin
    lumpy0910
    marcus619
    Jet08
    TCcrawdad
    Dubllung4
    pleistocene

3. ScipioCreekAssasin

ScipioCreekAssasin

Awesome! I will be checking my cams in the next day or two. Hopefully be able to update you all on some targets. I am really hoping to get some more pics of this guy. This pic is from June and is the last clear pic I have of him. I notice him in the distance in some other recent pics but nothing worth sharing.

buck3.JPG

marcus619, pleistocene and TCcrawdad like this.
  4. pleistocene

pleistocene

No kidding creek that's impressive,i would be game planning for that one!

ScipioCreekAssasin likes this.
  5. pleistocene

pleistocene

I__00115.JPG I planted 11/4ac in beans even though there are ag beans both sides of me deer will not leave mine be Ive put things in the field to discourage them but nothing works.ill keep over seeding wheat and rye and hope the beans hang in.
    Im mainly a buck hunter and usually wait on a bigger one. I dont plan on being as patient this year.. not many doe around so more than likely i will not shoot.
    ill put some pics up when i get them. this is about it so far a odd ball.

ScipioCreekAssasin and marcus619 like this.
  6. marcus619

marcus619

Hi Fellas, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Mark and I do most of my hunting in western Isabella ct on my In-laws farm. My preference is bow hunting but I participate in all three seasons. I look forward to sharing this season adventures with all of you. DF805145-E3BC-4CB2-A674-D8100502502A.jpeg FED0963C-C9A7-46AF-8A74-F0B4847D99A3.jpeg 3DD79F6F-9165-4A9D-A6C4-C3393A9E4E78.jpeg Attached below are some of the bucks running around the farm.

7. marcus619

marcus619

8. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Sweet, I will be pulling cards tomorrow.

pleistocene likes this.
  9. pleistocene

pleistocene

Good bucks marcus go get em!

10. ScipioCreekAssasin

ScipioCreekAssasin

Snuck in to check one of my cams this afternoon. Had one new visitor that I would be happy to put on the wall. Only a 6 and wont score us many points but I like him none the less. Seems he moved in about a week ago and is making a regular appearance in the evenings. Working up all the scrapes pretty good too. You can see some of the scrapes behind them. Also, I believe these two particular bucks to be related...thoughts?

20200917_120036.jpg 20200917_115945.jpg

Steve, marcus619 and michiganreaper like this.
  11. pleistocene

pleistocene

Cool buck did you prep your scrapes or is it started by deer?
    Ya those deer look identical and both standing in the same spot i would say they have something in common.

12. ScipioCreekAssasin

ScipioCreekAssasin

To answer you Pleistocene- yes...lol.

Hard to see but I have a vine hanging behind them. That one I started a few years ago by hand. Just hung the vine with a zip tie to a branch. Scrapped the ground with my boot and pissed in it. Now they keep it open year round and add their own. Around that small plot there are 3 scrapes right now, 2 of which they opened up sometime after I spread rye 3 weeks ago. They like the overhanging brush that I don't trim back as much, specifically for this reason. Last year I had 8 scrapes in a 25 yard long area during peak rut.

pleistocene likes this.
  13. ScipioCreekAssasin

ScipioCreekAssasin

What set ups will you guys be using this year? Both archery and gun. I am shooting a Mathews Triax with easton injexion micro arrows. Tip them with a rage hypo. I picked up a xbow this off-season as well. Going to try and take a doe with it sometime this season. Its all about experiences. For rifle I use either my thompson center ML or my 44 mag. If I head north I will take my 300 win mag. I really miss hunting above the shotgun line...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

14. pleistocene

pleistocene

My dads 300 savage just sits would love to carry it! and all my other rifles.
    I have my mathews mostly go with cross bow. 44 ruger carbine or rem 1100 slug,TC ML or the 44 for ML season.This reminds me i need to be shooting!

15. marcus619

marcus619

For archery I’m shooting a Bowtech Realm SR6, Black Eagle Rampage arrows and QAD Exodus broadheads. Rifle season I swap between my dads Rem 742 in a 300 Savage and a Bergera B14 HMR in a 6.5 creedmoor. ML I’m carrying a TC PRo Hunter 50 cal. With the changes in the rags haven’t pulled the ML out for the last couple yrs. certainly looking forward to the start of the season. Hey is anyone getting out for the early doe season this weekend?