TEAM 13 “STACKIN RACKS”

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by nine tine, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Esquire

Esquire

Way to go Maple. Keep us posted

2. Former grunt

Former grunt

Working on it, got chiropractor visits every day next week, va gave me some muscle relaxers yesterday, took one last night and it put me into a coma, slept till 9 am. Good luck on the track @Maple_Ridge .

3. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

No dice....First buck I have lost in probably 16 or 18 years. Can't believe it, had a 30 yard shot quartering away. Watched my arrow tuck in behind the shoulder and heard THWACK...hit opposite shoulder.

Found blood, tracked with 4 other family members. Tracked it with my neighbor on his property for over 1/2 mile. Everyone can't believe how far the buck went. Called it after 1/2 mile and no blood. Buck never tried to bed down once. Still don't understand what went south and wish I knew exactly what happened.

4. Former grunt

Former grunt

Good blood? Is it a possibility you just got part of one lung alittle and he's bleeding internally? That's a tough one, hopefully birds might give u a clue in acouple of days if he goes down, atleast to know what happened.

5. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Yeah we had great blood for 80-90% of the track. Toward the end it was tougher...but just unreal.

Thats what everyone was saying...small part of 1 lung likely. I just can't believe he didn't go down. Sucks!

6. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

try going back out this morning in the daylight. like grunt said, look for circling birds for clues.

maybe started the tracking too soon and he was being pushed? I would hunt again this morning, and then follow the trail for more clues when you get down

7. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Funny thing is...He never tried to bed down. And we never saw him or kicked him up. The blood trail toward the end had dried blood meaning it was hrs old. Just really weird all the way around.

8. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

that is very odd. could it be possible that you missed the lungs totally and hit that pocket when he exhaled? thus doing a complete pass through without hitting vitals?

9. Former grunt

Former grunt

Well hopefully you either find out from the birds or see him on the hood alive but with a learning scar.

10. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

I thought the Same thing bulldog...

Maybe he exhaled and I hit the no vital hit zone just above the lungs. Slipped it just under the spine. Arrow went in 20" and hit opp. Shoulder...but unfortunately just below spine. 9nly explanation i can figure out without seeing the buck. Just sucks.

I grunted quick to stop him to shoot...I think he dropped and I must not have compensated enough for the drop. I always know they drop when I shoot but maybe he dropped more.

11. Esquire

Esquire

That's a tough one Maple. Sorry to hear it. Just got home from camp. My 14 yr old son shot a 6pt last night. We took up the trail this morning and found him about an hour later. So happy for him. Scrapes everywhere in the woods and some good chasing this weekend. Things are definitely heating up!

12. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Congrats to him!!!

Yes, its HOT right now, we wait all year for this! Hunt when you can make it! It's go time!!

13. eboll

eboll

I had a slow weekend. I have all of next week off, so hopefully I can get us some big points on a monster buck! (Knock on wood) I am due for a giant.

14. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

good luck fellas.. i'll be hitting the home stretch of moving out of our house this weekend, and moving in with the in-laws until the sellers leave the new house.. wish me luck lol

Former grunt likes this.
  15. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Good luck!!!

Yeah so I helped my neighbor drag out his 10 pt. Buck, was really cool because it was his first buck ever. Bad news- I guess I pulled my shoulder out a little...really sore. Never had this happen before. Went to the chiropracter and got cracked, hoping to be back in fighting shape by Thursday!! I took off Thursday to Tuesday to hunt! I can't have a wounded arm!!! Ahhhhhh.....was really bad this afternoon but better tonight!