TEAM 13 “STACKIN RACKS”

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by nine tine, Sep 15, 2020.

1. nine tine

nine tine

Team #13
    Ninetine
    Esquire
    eboll
    Uncle Boopoo
    Maple_Ridge
    Former grunt
    BulldogOutlander
    slammer00

QDMAMAN and Maple_Ridge like this.
  2. Esquire

Esquire

Sorry about my delay guys...dealing with elder family members in declining health these days. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and sharing stories and winning this thing!

BulldogOutlander and Maple_Ridge like this.

3. nine tine

nine tine

Now that we’re “OFFICIAL”
    My name is Tom
    Hunt mostly grand traverse and benzie county public land.
    Probably go out one time in the early antlerless hunt on a local farm.
    My oldest took a deer in the youth hunt. BD04FB2C-6F96-4913-B165-237984D1C1DD.jpeg
    I got 2 boys (11 and 14) both live to bow hunt right now.

4. Esquire

Esquire

Tom, that is a great pic of your boy. Congrats to your family.

My name is Craig. Grew up in Emmet County. My wife is from there as well with some family in TC. However, we live in Ingham County now. Most hunting will be done on private in Shiawassee and Clare. My son is 14 in October and daughter is 11. Most of my hunts will be as their guide, but I will get some opportunities to contribute for the team this year. They both put one in the freezer last year (son got his first buck and daughter got her first deer ever) and I didnt fill a tag for first time since 1996. It still felt like my greatest season ever. Just so you guys know how that I have my priorities in order.

5. Former grunt

Former grunt

Names Ryan, 33 turn 34 October 16 which I always hunt and usually fill a tag. Live in genesee county and hunt right down the road in marion springs public land. Try to get out and as much as possible, pretty much disappear to deer camp all of gun, see how that goes with the ole lady in nursing clinicals this year and 2 little ones at home. Hoping we live up to the team name this year.

Maple_Ridge, Uncle Boopoo and Esquire like this.
  6. Uncle Boopoo

Uncle Boopoo

My name’s Ron. I grew up in SE MI and I’ll be 41 on Oct 1st. I mainly hunt Lake, Mason, and Ogemaw counties. Private and public. And a few public spots closer to home.

Normally I have no problem entering 2 deer in the contest, but this year will be a little different. I’m expecting my first born son on Nov 3rd! I’m taking several weeks off work during that time and so far his mom has no problem with me sneaking off to camp for a few days. Should make this season pretty interesting!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  7. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

DUDES.....

I hunt sanilac county and have for all my 20 archery years! Name is Don. Shot my first buck at age 14, with my ben pearson Bow, on the same farm I hunt today.

Last season was one of the most memorable. I chased a buck I named "high boy" a beautiful TALL 4 year old 9 point buck, all season from October 1st until I took him in December with a muzzleloader. Coolest hunting journey ever. Can't wait to bring him home from the taxy.

Have some decent prospects this season for bucks. Nothing as exciting as last year but there are a few nice looks bucks.

My uncle passed away in August from cancer. My goal is to shoot a buck in his honor this fall and have the best fall hunting season and enjoy it to the fullest.

Good luck guys, lets rock this season!

8. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

9. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

Hey Fellers!

My name is Adam and i'm from the Grand Rapids area. i'm 36, will be 37 on the 28th of this month! I grew up cutting wood with my grandpa (maternal) in Antrim County. That property is where i cut my teeth hunting deer. grew up in a family of deer hunters (all strictly rifle) with 2 older brothers and stepdad.

Now i hunt a different family property in Charlevoix County with my cousin and his middle boy. I have taken several does off this property, but 2 years ago i got the biggest buck of my life using my grandfathers rifle on the exact land he used to hunt. So say it was a special harvest is an understatement.

Last year was my first year getting skunked in 7 seasons. Although i was bummed i didn't have venison to put in the freezer, it was still a cool experience because my cousin's middle son dropped his first deer opening day of rifle. Got to experience the joy and excitement of the first harvest, and the pride of my cousin seeing his boy filling a tag for the first time. So i left with a full heart and a smile on my face anyways.

I will be hunting that property again this coming rifle season for around 3 days. I split custody of a 5 yr old little girl, and her mom likes to hunt as well. Normally i would hunt over thanksgiving but that's my time with her this year. However i have access to a local property near me that will allow me to harvest/hunt for doe with my crossbow finally.

I'll do my best boys, but like some of you guys have stated, sometimes memories and family time is more important :)

Former grunt and Maple_Ridge like this.
  10. BulldogOutlander

BulldogOutlander

This reminds me of my cousin.. Years ago he was hunting the back side of our 40 acres on opening day of rifle season.. at 730-8am i get a text from my uncle saying "there he goes!!" and i turn around and see my cousin streaking across the property and taking off like a bat out of hell.. Sure enough 2 hours later his 2nd daughter was born on opening day of rifle lol.. Best part.. he didn't learn his lesson.. 2 years later his 3rd daughter was born on November 30th lol

11. Bucman

Bucman

Cool name stackin cracks! :D

Ninetine wont have time to hunt with them boys shooting it up... lol

12. nine tine

nine tine

EASY BUTTMAN. BE SENDING THOSE TWO CLOWNS TO YOUR PLACE

13. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Shot my bow tonight with new Nemis release. Can't believe how much better my groups are at 30 yards! Hsppy with that so far! Also ordered a new Cell cam today....gonna try it this season. Never owned one so hoping the whole pictures to your phone works well!

14. nine tine

nine tine

Anybody beside me jump neck deep into the saddle hunting system

15. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Not yet....thought about it a few times but haven't.

Closest I came to that kind of Portable set up, was buying a Hawk Helium tree steps and ultra lightweight treestand. I don't use it as much but I do like to have it in the line up of stands. In case I need to venture some to a new spot.

So you liking the saddle hunting set up?