close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team # 10 "THE IN10DED ONES" Official Team Thread

Discussion in '2017 Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by Big Shooter, Sep 7, 2017.

1. PTPD2312

PTPD2312

I’m out in my box blind overlooking a partially cut bean field and a few oaks along the edge.

2. Hunting18

Hunting18

Well after a crappy Friday the 13th...

I am at least seeing deer. Not a great picture but a little 6pt just wandered through with a couple doe. Had a treaspasser on my lease when I got out there. The guy says the landowner gave him permission to be out here. Guess I'll have to talk with the landowner later and see what's up.

IMG_20171013_182508318.jpg

3. Nitro225Optimax

Nitro225Optimax

Saw a decent doe last night, but she had a young fawn with her, still had a couple spots on it. I let her walk.

Saw a doe this morning in a group of three and went to draw back...no go. I can shoot fine standing up in a traditional stance, but sitting down? Elbow says no. She got a free pass.

So tonight I grabbed the crossbow and headed out. Didn't see a damn thing. It's early in the season.

My other stand looks hot so I might head back there next week. But then again, hauling a deer out of there with my elbow, eh...we'll see.

4. RealTree

RealTree

Up to 26 deer this season. Have a few different videos I've taken of deer on the camera in hopes to get my first compound bow kill. My old Martin bow decided it was done a few nights ago, really bad cam lean so went out and bought a new Hoyt last night and absolutely love it

Nitro225Optimax likes this.
  5. unclecbass

unclecbass

Out tonight after that nasty weekend

6. Big Shooter

Big Shooter

I had a tough weekend at camp. The wind was wrong for all my best stands. Tried some new stands with no deer sighted and then I got rained out Saturday night and sunday morning. Everyone else saw deer and my brother took a decent 8 point. I'll try again next weekend. Never did get to hunt in my ghillie suit.

7. PTPD2312

PTPD2312

I’m headed out tonight in NW Cass Co. Hoping to put the smack on a big one.

8. Hunting18

Hunting18

This cooler weather is killing me, of course I am swamped this week at work so no sneaking out early. Its supposed to warm up this weekend but I will still be out. I have next Fri Oct 27-Mon Oct 30th off and plan on spending the whole time in a stand.

I am praying we get some frost next weekend!

PTPD2312 likes this.
  9. BWHUNTR

BWHUNTR

Headed out in morning, be my first morning hunt. Cameras are showing a lot of bucks up till 10:30 am. Starting to see the young bucks lying dead along the hwy, things are slowly heating up.

10. Hunting18

Hunting18

Good luck, I watched a small Buck chasing does all over a cut corn field tonight. Just a little guy but like you said it's heating up!

BWHUNTR likes this.
  11. PTPD2312

PTPD2312

Last night I had a spike checking the does but they didn't want anything to do with it and ran off.

12. unclecbass

unclecbass

Found my first real scrapes for the year today and they were hit hard. Here comes the fun

BWHUNTR likes this.
  13. BWHUNTR

BWHUNTR

Good hunt this morning two small bucks and 16 doe and fawns. Sounds like the weather next week is gonna be good. Finally

14. protectionisamust

protectionisamust

Finally!! Leaving tomorrow afternoon for a 3 day weekend and the weather looks good. I'm know I'm late to the party but work has finally slowed down. I have a 3 day weekend this weekend, a 3 day weekend Halloween weekend and nov 3 thru the 19th off.

Time to start enjoying the world from a treestand :coolgleam

Louis

unclecbass likes this.
  15. protectionisamust

protectionisamust

Morning 1 - south wind which is the worst wind for my Huron county property. I have 1 blind setup for a South wind but today is my wife's birthday so she has Dibs on it, lol

Sitting the morning out and running camp support. Hoping to be dragging out her first archery deer. There's an 8point walking around she wants for her birthday. I said go get em babe, lol

Winds supposed to switch so I'll be out later