TEAM #10 10Derloins!

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by Badfishmi, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

That is not the ending one would want after the journey. It’s closure congrats to the hunter, sorry to you my fellow teammate. Usually this would take the wind outta the sail but in this case I dont think so. You’re a hell of a hunter as you said in lfts on to the next. Good luck

Go Lions!!!! likes this.
  2. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    Been in your position nearly every year for the last several Go Lions!! I was just fortunate to be the neighbor this time around.

Looking at the forecast I'll probably sit out the rest of gun season unless cameras tell me otherwise. I have 5 acres of standing corn at the moment, lots of turnip bulbs and for sure the best woody browse in the section. Time to let the property load up. When the temp dips and the snow flies is when I'll make a move.

Go Lions!!!! likes this.

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Wow hell of a buck.

Nice Shot 1982 and Go Lions!!!! like this.
  4. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Sweet buck!!! Nice job, UCB!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Awesome, GL! What a great father/son experience!!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. unclecbass

unclecbass

9. He had 10 in velvet but his split brow broke off.

Go Lions!!!! likes this.
  7. unclecbass

unclecbass

I took him to the dnr field office in traverse city. Aged at 3.5 years. Officer said that it was only the second triple beam buck he had seen in 21 years

8. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Up early and out the door by 4:00. Have my work responsibilities taken care of for the day and my son is home from college now till after the Holidays...so we are spending the day on the farm in Cass. I highly doubt I'll be taking the bow out in December, so today might be the day I get those 5 doe points in the bank...we'll see if the feeling hits me today;) My first hunt down there without "Doc" on the farm, so not exactly sure how big a buck has to be to get me excited. If I do happen to shoot my second buck first...then I may decide to try to fill my doe tag with my bow...see how everything shakes down. It's finally calm for the first time in about a week...should be a good day in the woods.

9. unclecbass

unclecbass

I can hear my neighbors blasting away next to my house. My dad said people are blasting away at his house. The deer must really be moving today. Get out there boys. I think GO LIONS is about to lay the smack down today.

Nice Shot 1982 likes this.
  10. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    My cams have been showing best activity in a few weeks this morning. Was pretty excited to see that much movement 4 days into firearm season. Only 1 small buck though.

11. unclecbass

unclecbass

i had 9 does in one of my food plots last night. Unfortunately it was in the dark, but at least the deer were up and moving.

12. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Hahahaha, I appreciate your optimism! I did pass that same nice 8 point at first light and a 2 yr old 7 point at 10:30. Only doe in range was 5 minutes too early...probably wouldn’t have shot a doe at first light anyway. We are back at it. That buck is on a fairly consistent pattern. I know my son would be very happy with him. In fact, might just be strike 3 he’s out, if he gives me a better look in more daylight. He’s a good buck!

unclecbass likes this.
  13. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Ended up being a very slow evening for me. Saw 10 run across the field about 1/2 mile away and that was it. My son saw 5 doe but decided not to fill his doe tag. I think I'm out of the game till next Wed now. Good luck to those getting out this weekend.

14. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

Starting Friday afternoon I’ll be back at it hard. All day sits Saturday Sunday. Got a pretty relaxed schedule so going to be out every morning. If y’all got some those spare deer with antlers send me my way lol

15. unclecbass

unclecbass

Anyone out tonight? What are
    The weekend hunting plans? Deer were really moving last night on all my cell cams