TEAM #10 10Derloins!

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by Badfishmi, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

Hellllll yeah!!!! Awesome job can’t wait for pics

unclecbass likes this.
  2. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    Long live the beast. #1 target is down. More pics and story to come... 107396.jpeg

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

W
    Wow beautiful buck congrats.

gunfun13 likes this.
  4. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Holy Crap!!! Great buck!!! Congrats to both of you! Team 10derloins making a move!!!

5. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

WOW!!! That buck is awesome, GF13!!!! Nice job!!!!!!

I feel somewhat embarrassed to post a pic of my deer after seeing that thing!

6. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Come on...let’s see him!!!

Nice Shot 1982 likes this.
  7. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Not to take away from GF13's deer and glory (congrats again - just WOW!!!), but here's my guy. I thought he was a little bigger, but I'm mainly trying to fill the freezer, so I'm happy with it...and happy to put some more points on the board!

He came out around 8:00 AM. Had to let out a mmmbbrap to stop him at 30 yards. Quartering away. He only went 20 yards. I don't have patience for long tracking jobs. LOL. All in all, good day!!

Now, I want to hear the story of GF13's monster!!!

-Greg

Attached Files:

8. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Nice work!!! No shame or judgement from me! Good eating and some valuable points! Congrats!

9. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    IMG_4277.jpg IMG_4278.jpg IMG_4281.jpg Nice job NS 1982! We are back on a roll!

So this has been my main target buck since I first got a pic of him in September. He's been daylighting alot in the last week (cell cams are invaluable!). He showed on one particular cam twice about 830 am a couple days apart but both were NNE wind.

So the question was why? There is alot going on in this spot, a few hinge cut bedding areas and a food plot all come together. So was he scent checking the plot, the bedding areas, bedding there himself, or just a route to the neighbors corn to the west where we previously suspected he bedded.

So with this mornings SSE wind, my hunting partner and I decided that he's likely just headed to bed in corn so set up in our two stands on our west boarder to try to intercept him.

I'm in the south stand which overlooks reclaimed from ag land we're turning into habitat. My partner is in north stand which is all wooded and looking near bedding.

I have a micro kill plot to my left, a large tree that blocks shooting straight ahead, and a 1 acre food plot 100 yards away that I can view. I'm in a thin strip of timber, and corn is 20 yards behind me.

8am I first see him in my main shooting lane in my kill plot, 15 yards away and moving fast out of it. Came from behind me which was totally unexpected and never heard him approach. He turned south where my shot is blocked by the tree. I figured he'd head towards large plot and by time he cleared tree he'd be out of range so I start scrambling for my grunt tube to call him back. Luckily he veered back towards the corn and when he cleared tree he was 40 yards broadside.

I rushed the shot, he ran across the field 100 yards out of site and I was very unsure.

My buddy was still hunting so I waited until 9 to go check impact. Found good lung blood right away, but went back to my tree and waited until 10:15 when my buddy got down.

Pretty easy track job and found him about 30 yards from where I lost sight.

On cloud 9!

10. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

Congrats to both of you. Those are both awesome bucks and stories and better then then the zero bucks I have lol.

11. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Whoaaa!!!! That buck’s rack is obviously amazing, but his body is unreal!!! Wow. That’s great. Congrats again. Very nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunfun13 likes this.
  12. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

And to top it off - victory for the boys in Green! Great day all around!!!

unclecbass likes this.
  13. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Gun fun - that’s a Jackson Co. brute, right?

14. unclecbass

unclecbass

Great job guys. Hell yeah!!!!

and.... go green

15. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Congrats to you Spartans!!! I pull for Blue...but that was frick’n embarrassing!!! No excuses other than they suck!!! Go Lions!!!