TEAM #10 10Derloins!

Discussion in '2020 Pinefarm Memorial Deer Hunting Contest' started by Badfishmi, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Bow hunter on a Mission

Bow hunter on a Mission

2. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Dang it! Sorry man! It happens. My last release was a miss as well...on a dang nice 3 yr old 12 point last October...he's still around and our #1 on the farm this year. Hopefully we both get our shots at redemption!

stickbow shooter likes this.

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Went back and walked the area, nothing no deer no arrow no sign of a hit. One negative about hunting on the ground is you will lose more arrows. Oh well not the first miss and probably not the last.

4. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Well...probably silly, but I'm going to get up early and make the 1.5 hr drive south for the morning hunt tomorrow. As of now looks like the first few hours of daylight should be fairly dry. Haven't been on the farm since 10/4 so no idea on recent movement. One hunt trips are always tough...it can happen in any spot and NOT happen in any spot;) Oh well...have the morning free and I'm anxious to see what's been happening on the cameras. Obviously no guarantees in hunting, but I will tell you I'm definitely on a doe mission for those 7 points tomorrow if I get a chance. Also be happy with any decent 2 yr old buck or better. Trigger finger is awfully itchy.

5. Bow hunter on a Mission

Bow hunter on a Mission

How’d your hunt go this morning? I’ve had 4 different shooter bucks on camera this morning 3 were during daylight, but I’m still up north. The pre-rut activity is heating up out there time to start hunting that stand.

6. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

I saw 4 small bucks...not sure why the doe weren’t moving/feeding? My one camera that has been getting the “Big 8” regularly was dead after 8 pics. I did have several nice 2 yr olds and my #1 buck I missed last year. Here he is from early Saturday morning. Also a nice new 2 yr old 10 that would give us some good points;)

Attached Files:

7. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Went out this morning, only seen a spike buck. But hunt was cut short do to gun fire and dogs barking. Guessing squirrel hunters but anything is possible in this area.

8. Bow hunter on a Mission

Bow hunter on a Mission

Had a pretty good hunt this morning. Passed up a 2.5 year old 8 that normally would be in trouble but an early buck makes me picky I guess. Also saw another possible shooter that I think was bigger than the one I passed but didn’t get a good enough look at him. Based on activity the pre-rut is almost on.

9. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

That's awesome!!! Love those hunts when you can sit back and enjoy passing nice bucks because you already have one in the freezer. Unfortunately it's been a couple years for me;) As of now looks like I'll be taking my son down to the farm again for an all day hunt on Saturday. Looks perfect right now. 70 degrees Thursday and Friday, then a high pressure cold front for Saturday. Should have the bucks up moving and freshening scrapes. Can't wait!

10. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Well done, BFMI!! Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Nice Shot 1982

Nice Shot 1982

Bummer indeed, SS, but as you mentioned, it happens. Hopefully that miss will bring you a better opportunity soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stickbow shooter likes this.
  12. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    Unfortunate event this afternoon, blew up my brand new crossbow. Basically worst possible timing, planned to start buck hunting this weekend and I head to Missouri in 16 days. Dealer said probably be 2 weeks. Guess I'm practicing with the Mathews all week.

**** happens.

13. Badfishmi

Badfishmi

Oh crap any thoughts on why it blew up

14. gunfun13

gunfun13

Canton/Lake Bellaire/Jackson Co Property Owner
    New bolts and I installed the nock 90 degrees off from what it should have been.

I just bit the bullet and bought a replacement tonight.

15. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Sorry about the bad luck, man! Hopefully, the new one is good luck! As crazy goes 2020...some Covid quarantine craziness at work has freed up my schedule unexpectantly. I wasn't exposed/no close contact/no symptoms...but things will be shut down for at least a few days. I have on line responsibilities for Thursday and Friday, but tomorrow is totally free. So...bonus hunting day down south tomorrow. Wish me luck...I'm overdue for some luck in the deer woods!!! Any adult dow or 2 yr old buck or better will do just fine. I'll keep you posted!