close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tanglefree Panel blinds

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by Duck-Hunter, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Michigan Muck Hunter

Michigan Muck Hunter

Right now we are using t-posts and pig fence brushed in with some kind of cedar bush we cut down off of my buddies front yard. The panel blinds are stuffed with CRP grass for later in the year. We call the pig fence blind the bush. It is our second season using it and we only use it in September.

2. Michigan Muck Hunter

Michigan Muck Hunter

Some birds taken from the bush in the middle of fields _MG_5523.jpg FB_IMG_1505240157423.jpg

Attached Files:

Duck-Hunter likes this.

3. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

There are plenty of good points that are being brought up in this thread. When it comes to hunting everything has its time or place. I'm not saying I won't ever hunt out of a layout blind again. They will sit on the trailer even more now that we have panel blinds.

There is a formula for every hunt. I could type pages of the thoughts that go through my head within the first minute of overlooking a field that we are going to hunt. The wheels are always turning. 9/10 we run the panels, haven't had an issue yet. Decoy placement and calling is always a huge factor.

The Panel Blinds are a great addition to the arsenal and so far have put more birds in the pocket. When I say birds have been holding tighter to fence rows, doesn't mean they are right on them. They know their boundaries and if they get too close they stand a great chance of predation. If they are within 75 yards of tall cover the panel blinds excel. You don't have to have them butted right up to the tall cover. It helps to have the tall cover in the back drop.

We have hunted fields that are worked under, corn fields that have 4-6" of stubble and cut hay fields with the Panel Blinds and killed limits. We run them just like we would our layout blinds, where ever the birds are holding. Once the birds become a little more weary/pressured we will bump the decoys out a touch.

Years ago we made blinds out of T-Post chicken wire/cement wire/garden fencing. That all worked and was definitely cheap. Just like some guys are cool with a wooden back rest and burlap for a layout blind. It was a pain to set up the T-Post blinds and maneuver them, only hunted a couple seasons like that and it was back to layouts. Panel Blinds are by far the easiest setup I've had when it comes to any portable blind.

BFG likes this.
  4. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Yeah I am trying to impress birds before I shoot them...get real dude. I shot birds out of layouts already this year and will still use them. I'm saying birds are really starting to catch onto layouts now. I bought the panels for how easy they are to setup and how versatile they are. If you want to use burlap and t-posts I could care less. All birds die the same.

5. MasterBaiters

MasterBaiters

Tanglefree ? purchased full body goose decoys prior to season only to find incorrect heads with bodies,called retail outlet only to find out I wasn't the only unlucky one,dont know if it was an intentional by the factory trying to get orders out,or an honest mistake,wonder if they were made in China? to this date still no heads!

6. craigrh13

craigrh13

We killed 140 geese last year and 95% of them were hunting the edge. The birds have been having no issue as of lately committing to the edge.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    michiganoutdoorsman likes this.
  7. ON ICE

ON ICE

As I could care less what you shoot your birds out of, dude. Make sure you don't get any dirt on your stuffers and Sitka gear, dude.

8. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Well aren't you just a gem. Keep on sounding like an idiot man, you're the one who's trying to be confrontational lol. Sitka gear is pretty nice gear actually, don't knock it till you try it ;)

styme315 likes this.
  9. Michigan Muck Hunter

Michigan Muck Hunter

They are more than likely made by our great friends in China! Get rich or die trying is something I have heard before somewhere...

10. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

I thought this thread was talking about blinds not decoys? Either way I'm sure it was a honest mistake. Especially when most of their goose decoys are one piece design. Are you sure you didn't get the heads mixed up with the body posture? Email Tanglefree customer service I have never heard of anyone having issues. My friend ordered some canvasback decoys a couple years ago. They were out of stock they ended up upgrading him to foam filled cans and tossed in a hat and some stickers free of charge.

What isn't made in China nowadays? Especially when it comes to decoys and other hunting products.

11. Michigan Muck Hunter

Michigan Muck Hunter

Da
    Dave Smith Decoys, expensive but one of the best I have seen as far as realism and they are made here in the USA. But yes most are made in China. Sad but true.

12. BFG

BFG

I'm getting panel blinds. I can think of about 6 different ways that I can use them throughout not only waterfowl season, but other seasons as well. They now make snow covers for them. Taking the kids along will also be much more enjoyable, and my Dad can now come along too.

13. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Panel worked well for us last night! Awesome product from Tanglefree. Birds feet down at 15-20 yards off the ditch was awesome.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505483671.856288.jpg

Duck-Hunter likes this.