Taking along two of my girls coon hunting!

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by thrillseeker, Jul 28, 2020.

1. thrillseeker

thrillseeker

Hey gang I appreciate all of the support I have received from the Michigan sportsman community and the hound community on my Youtube Channel i started where my primary goal is to generate support for hound hunting. so i figured i would share my latest video that was filmed early this spring where i bring along two of my daughters on a coon "hunt". i cant state enough that getting our youth involved is the only way we will carry on the traditions that we love so much! take a kid hunting!!!

kingfisher 11, Dixiedog, Waif and 4 others like this.
  2. Justin

Justin

Great way to start kids out! That's what I started out hunting 50 years ago. It will cure or keep a kid from being scared of the dark woods. My friends that I took out during high school were all a bit afraid of the woods after dark. I learned as a kid how to use the moonlight to see at night and could hunt without using a light except to spot the treed coon. Nice video, hope you post more in the fall!

3. shaffe48b

shaffe48b

My brother has a walker but she quarters like a spaniel. Still fun to tromp through the woods in hopes of finding a raccoon somewhere under your feet.

4. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

This is just one of the kinds of hunting I did as a kid. The worst hunt was when I shot the first coon and then had to go back to the house by myself with a dead coon and no light. I just got to the road and headed for the house when I heard something coming up behind me fast. Try running while carrying a dead coon. It turned out the dog wanted to grub that coon one more time and he grabbed it and scared the crap out of me.

thrillseeker, Dixiedog and Waif like this.