SUV with Man, Woman, and Child Plowing Into Group of Bikers

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by swampbuck62, Oct 1, 2013.

1. DanSS26

DanSS26

Nobody here is attacking bikers, they are attacking the peckerheads in the video. You one the other hand are defending the peckerheads in the video.

2. bjacobs

bjacobs

What I am saying is that in the beggining of the video, if he would have pulled a gun and started firing, it most likely would have put his family in more danger than running that biker over. If he starts pulls a gun and starts firing, most likely somebody fires back, and theres a chance his wife/child gets hit by an errant bullet. In all reality, I would rather take the beating than risk putting my family in greater danger.

3. swampbuck62

swampbuck62 Banned

thank you another voice of reason...

4. football12

football12

The bikers are at fault and some have already turned themselves in to the authorities. The guy in the SUV did what he had to do to protect himself. I would have reacted in a similar fashion given the number of bikes and people sorrunding him and his family. If he did do something in regards to a traffic violation, etc. The bikers should have contacted the police and handled it like any other person would do

5. swampbuck62

swampbuck62 Banned

because you and many others can not or will not see both side to this story...

6. eyecatcher1

eyecatcher1

Because there aren't two sides to this story. The guys on the bike were riding recklessly and then when an accident occurred were apparently acting in a threatening manner. No charges are being sought on the assaulted man but additional people are being sought for charges in the biker group.

7. DanSS26

DanSS26

I can see both sides, I just cannot defend the actions of the bikers. They intentionally caused an accident, surrounded the vehicle in a threatening manor, and were denting the vehicle. They should be arrested and put in jail.

I understand they were trying to shut down the freeway so they could play, but that too, is illegal.

The guy in the SUV most likely did not know what was going on and was just trying to get down the road. All of a sudden he is surrounded by bikes, forcing him to slow down. He was probably already afraid for his life before he was forced to run into that bike. If I were in his situation, I would have done the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  8. Swamp Monster

Swamp Monster Premium Member

As a biker myself, I don't believe their are two sides to this story. The only side I see is a large number of bikers instigating and initiating contact with a guy and his family in an SUV. A rider blocked his escape, stopped short, paid the consequence and his fellow hoodlums threatened the driver and his family by trying to destroy his vehicle after what was a minor fender bender. He was boxed in a corner and did what most of us would have done to protect himself and his family. They decided to chase instead of let authorities handle it and then beat the guy. They are hoodlums....not because they ride a motorcycle but because of their behavior. Just because they own a motorcycle and so do I does does not qualify them for my support. I feel bad for the injured biker but he made his bed, now he has to lay in it.

As a biker, I'm fine with the actions the SUV driver took to try to get himself out of that situation. I would do the same....and wouldn't shed a tear for those that suffered the consequences of their actions....even if they paid with their life.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  9. luv2havemoartime

luv2havemoartime

Seriously, what kind of moron takes on a Land Rover with a bike?:dizzy:

10. ibthetrout

ibthetrout

Well...I'm not so sure about that now. I mean that I see what others are saying about the bikers, but how often do you hear 2 wrongs don't make a right? So many people hear have no issue with the running down of that guy on the motorcycle. I think I saw one intelligent post that equated that to the same as pulling a gun and shooting him. But that seems to be ok hear because to many group them together as hooligans. Some of you make it sound like if you ride a crotch rocket your scum. Gee I don't ride one of those and I don't ride a Hardly either. My newest bike is 35 years old, care to categorize that? You know....just so I know if I should be like the hooligan crotch rocket scum or if I should be like the laid back Hardly scumbags.

They reported 2 interesting things in CNN today. First that one guy is paralyzed and second was that the wife and kid were unharmed.

I still think the guy in the SUV also deserves to be charged.

11. eyecatcher1

eyecatcher1

12. yoopertoo

yoopertoo

Seems to me the fault lies squarely with the motorcycle mob.

13. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

Yeah well the law seems to see things differently. Maybe the guy who is paralyzed was guilty of nothing more than associating with a bunch of morons, so that would be a tragedy. Hard way to learn a lesson.

Another lesson might be, if you're going to record and release a video tape. Make sure you and your pals are not the ones doing something stupid!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...rid7|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk1&pLid=385229

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  14. OH-YEAH!!!

OH-YEAH!!! Premium Member

The video with the motorcycles surrounding the Range Rover and the motorcycle slowing directly in front of the Range Rover on its front driver's side, then slowing to make sure it made contact reminded me off a pack of wolves surrounding a moose.

The bikers were trying to box the SUV in and the presence of a Go Pro camera on a biker in the area directly behind the biker initiating contact sure makes it seem like it was coordinated. Then the victim's wife is claiming that he was just trying to help the SUV? How, by making sure the SUV had nowhere to go without striking a motorcycle when the front cyclist initiated contact?

Every biker that was boxing in the SUV should be charged as an accessory to the serious injury accident. The SUV driver was like the moose trying to burst out of a pack of circling wolves. He did nothing wrong other than try and protect his wife and child after, literally, just trying to go out for a nice Sunday drive.

15. HURONFLY

HURONFLY

You forgot one other interesting thing reported today. The police received over 200 complaints about these idiots prior to the incident with the SUV.