Survey for 2020 Regulation Changes

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Baybum, May 15, 2020.

1. Brian Berg

Brian Berg

I'm not against having orange if you're on public land, but on private I'm against it. I go out of my way to conceal blinds on private land, and that's a big "look here" sign. Plus all it does is tempt trespassers. Not only that, if someone was shooting and hitting my elevated blind, there are bigger issues to think about.

2. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

My biggest issue is the use of a broad brush to paint with. Why divide the state into multiple DMU's and then take away the boundary lines and manage them the same?

Deer densities are so high across the entire U.P. that we need to start shooting does?

High hunter densities in some DMU's with a lot of public land might pose a safety concern with blinds. Lets mandate all blinds across the state be painted with blaze orange.

Bait.

Too lazy, incompetent, lack of funding, political games, don't care?

20 Pounder and jr28schalm like this.

3. boomer_x7

boomer_x7

mbrewer, Wild Thing and Osceola like this.
  4. Osceola

Osceola

I know you're being facetious, but I think the regs have gotten way too complex. Managing a statewide deer heard is as much art as science. It's silly to think they can determine the appropriate harvest goals with any kind of precision. They should quit kidding themselves and just make things simple for everyone. It would likely be just as effective.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    sniper, Justin and Wild Thing like this.
  5. mcfish

mcfish

Did someone get shot in their blind? I don’t remember hearing about it.

6. Newaygo1

Newaygo1

Since the CWD has Spread... In the Core Areas they opted to allow any firearm not just a Myuzzleloader that has been 2 years going! Should be No Surprise as others have mentioned they (DNR) want More Deer Taken in hopes of slowing the Spread of CWD. This is just a way to accompish that! Though I own 2 ML's I rarely have the time to dial them in where as my other Rifles are already to do. I hunted the last 2 ML Season's with my standrad Rifles and saw only a couple Does, not what I am looking to shoot (Bucks) so I passed... Did not read the Reg Changes they more than likely will change either doing any survey, they just want some to get the changes out of their system early and not be frustrated later on... Nothing like ban baiting, or the 24 hour checkin time requirement and so on. They Changed the Bear App System this Year the last many years you needed to Pick a Hunt Number for where you planned on Bear Hunting if you were to get a License. And There is No Point Only Choice Hunt Number this year either, so they have already made changes! Nothing New, they are always making Chnages, only most here are aware of them. While the Majority of Hunters aren't in the Know Till maybe when they Purchase their Licenses. Most don't keep up with the CHANGES! Yet most here do... How things have Changed over the last 40 Years. They will make other Changes some Won't Like either! They are always Tweak the Regs every year.
    Just the way it been the last 10 maybe 12 years for sure...
    Oh Well...
    Newaygo1

7. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

You can apply for a preference point only for bear Newaygo. I just did it for my wife a few days ago. Last year...or maybe the year before I had a clerk at the store try to tell me that I had to pick a hunt - they didn't have pref point only. Wrong! That has not changed.

Go on-line and check it out for yourself.

jr28schalm likes this.
  8. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

By taking a few seconds to look at the Bear Hunting Guide you would have realized that you were wrong about this. I'm curious....where did you get the false info ?

L & O

9. boomer_x7

boomer_x7

I was being sarcastic. I’m tired of new regs in an attempt to retain hunters and make more money. I agree they need to make things simpler. Feels like they are just trying to change things so “everyone gets a trophy”. IMO they pushing away their core hunters in an attempt to gain new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

20 Pounder, Osceola, Justin and 2 others like this.
  10. PTPD2312

PTPD2312

You mean like the mandatory APRs they have forced on some of us? I don't need the State telling me what I should and should not be able to legally harvest. I practice my own but it should not be a restriction for all.

Justin and Tilden Hunter like this.
  11. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe Premium Member

I bet you get really butthurt when you go fishing and have to release 10" Bass to?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

12. Osceola

Osceola

This is a ridiculous thing to say considering that's exactly the purpose of the DNR. Whitetails almost went extinct before we starting allowing state agencies to tell us what we "should and should not be able to legally harvest".

13. up520

up520

If they want orange on the blind - that's fine for public land.

Leave me and my behavior on my private land alone. But I guess that isn't how the governor thinks - right comrades?

Wild Thing likes this.
  14. propbuster

propbuster

What a lousy survey format! There should be an agree/disagree/comment on each bullet point, not just a box to respond to as many as 9 proposals at once. I guess they really do not want the feedback.

15. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

I doubt they even read the feedback.

20 Pounder and LabtechLewis like this.