close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Summit viper sd?

Discussion in 'Archery' started by KEV.MI, Sep 6, 2017.

1. KEV.MI

KEV.MI

Looking to get a climber. This will be my first one. I've been looking at the viper sd. How do you guys like them? Worth the money? And how much did you guys pay for yours?

2. thill

thill

Very comfortable stands! I just sold mine yesterday because I haven't used it in years. But when I did, I was always very comfortable....almost too comfortable as I never had a problem catching a few power naps while in the tree. There's a few for sale on craigslist in my area.

3. timsg

timsg

Have had mine for years and love it. Very comfortable

Nostromo likes this.
  4. otcarcher

otcarcher

The Summit Viper is my go to stand for all day sits for the first 2 weeks in November. Very comfortable, and feel extremely safe. Great choice!

Nostromo likes this.
  5. onebad800

onebad800

best stand ive owned for years, got one for my son this year love it so cozy i saw dunhams has on sale cheapest ive ever seen them before.

Nostromo likes this.
  6. michael marrs

michael marrs

a couple things about climbers, i have 2 sumits, one steel, (old) , one aluminum. get aluminum if you can afford it. Practice with it. The only downfall, ( bad choice of words), i found was once in the tree for a while I choose to stand up, After a while I leaned a little on the side of it with my hip it pushed the top part around, a little and scared the crap out of me. Not the climbers fault I think with the rail in front of me and the climber arms beside me, I was given a false sense of security. also you need a phone pole to go up so trees become more selective,( make sure you have a trimming saw in your pack) but all in all a great tool

7. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe

Use a piece of string and tie the top section to the bottom section to keep this from happening. The string will stop it from falling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. michael marrs

michael marrs

Correct you are sir, do use a string, and call it the umbilical. what happens , if you stand and lean a bit on the side of the seat part, it will slide to the left or right, not up or down

9. otcarcher

otcarcher

It will only slide sideways if you have the angle of the seat high and you didn't rock it into the tree before strapping the backrest to the tree.

10. Hammer62

Hammer62

I got a steel one for sale in the classifieds, like new condition

11. BASEK2

BASEK2

Only stand I use, had to replace the cables once, but that's just from use.

12. OneidaEagle

OneidaEagle

Summit Stands are awesome, I have a Goliath.

Marrs,

You can take a Camo ratchet, or similar, and connect the foot rest near the back, to the top part near the outer edge rail, cinch it down.

When you "Stand" while in it, the weight will put pressure on the top portion, and hold it in place secure.

There is a web site that has the straps, but I used a camo strap for the same purpose.

If interested, let me know, I will dig up the web site. I see the guy who makes/sells them every so often a the Hunting Expo's.

michael marrs likes this.
  13. michael marrs

michael marrs

thanks OE, any more when Ido stand I stay put

14. Nostromo

Nostromo

Very comfortable. I've not had any problems with mine and I wouldn't give it up.

15. OneidaEagle

OneidaEagle