Sturgeon Bay?

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by MrFysch, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MrFysch

MrFysch

Any word on whitefish action yet...looking to go somewhere next week for a couple days.

2. skamaniac

skamaniac

They've been fishing for a week now. We're leaving on the 20th for a two day 3 night trip.
    I heard the first few days of good ice was a crazy fast bite. Limits before noon. Has slowed since but you can usually get your limit.

MrFysch likes this.

3. Yardman

Yardman

I'm going to Milwaukee for a week this Sunday. I may have to bring my gear. Have a few extra days to fish. Hmmm...

4. bb7813

bb7813

I'm heading over there first week in Feb. What test line do you guys use for the whitefish?

5. Amos

Amos

I like to use braid with a 6# leader. Sometimes I use 4#.

6. bb7813

bb7813

7. short stick

short stick

From what I understand the bite has slowed down from earlier but I'm on my way home from a weekend there and each day we were able to get a 3 man limit. Great time and lots of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

8. roosterg5

roosterg5

8FF6602F-DEB1-4DA8-800B-DFC36BCAB648.jpeg Fished there yesterday with Amos in 100 foot of water. There are a couple of cracks to negotiate. One at Cabot point. Wind was howling and current was strong. Hard to keep lures down so we had to go heavier than typical weights for that depth. JJ put us on fish though and we got our two man limit by a little after noon got most fish on rapala style jigs and sliders.

salmonslammer likes this.
  9. jwb2010

jwb2010

Going over next weekend as long as the ice holds. Don t look like the weather is as bad there as here

10. NEW HUDSON WALT

NEW HUDSON WALT

Hey roosterg5....great report and pictures...you guys have a fantastic catch there.
    A lot of great meals to be had...keep that 20 fish limit going and update your catch
    with more pictures...I just love it.:):):)

11. roosterg5

roosterg5

Probably 20” of ice but freezing rain today. Couldn’t get out till 10 today because the roads were so bad. Still managed to keep 15 but they just shut down @ 3 pm for the few that were fishing. Ice will be fine next week with the temps here. Gold #5 rap took most today but a group today used slick jigs and minnows and did well.

12. jwb2010

jwb2010

Thank you for the info.

13. roosterg5

roosterg5

4579EBF1-4864-45A2-8978-E15A2B997FAD.jpeg
    This pic is for you Walt! We had to work for them. Well I did anyway! But we got our twenty again today in close to 100 foot of water. All on rap style jigs. A couple on the slider with red plastic. Most of JJ’s clients are using slick jigs with minnows.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018