close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stratos 1760DV boat question

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by Timetofish, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Timetofish

Timetofish

I have a 386 XF and it does not go on the trailer nicely; i.e sometimes the chine is sitting on the bunk part. I have spoken to the engineers at Ranger and they can't do anything to resolve the issue. Others have said they have the same issue. a friend of mine wants to buy a Stratos 1760 DB. Anyone have or know of these issues above on the 1760?

2. Timetofish

Timetofish

DV...

3. Chasin Tales

Chasin Tales

When it is squared up does it sit right? My experience with a bunk trailer was I had problems when I had it too far in the water. It loaded great when I had more of the bunks exposed and it could align itself. When I had it deeper in the water I was always wading around trying to push it one way or another.

4. Timetofish

Timetofish

Yes, it sits really good IF you get it lined up just right...about 1" from each of the fenders. If you are off 1/4" there it eill be 5" off and sitting on the chine. Have tried both out of the water more and backed in more....seems to be luck that works best!

5. Chasin Tales

Chasin Tales

Take a look at the bunks when you have it sitting the way you want. Are you able to adjust in or out to get a better fit; as in would the boat glide on better if they were moved out a 1/2 " or whatever?

Also, I had a boat that seemed to be a pain. I measured the bunks from side to side at the front and back of the bunks and noticed one side was not "true" from front to back. Loosened the bolts and moved it slightly so both sides were matching and this seemed to help.

6. Timetofish

Timetofish

Appreciate the advice and will look into myself and copy this for my friend with the 1760dv. Thanks CT

7. tubejig

tubejig

I have a 386 and I have had the same problem if the trailer is backed too far into the water. I put mine in until the top of the fender is at the surface of the water.

386xf likes this.
  8. Timetofish

Timetofish

Thanks TJ...funny I feel like we are in a 5-step program: Hi, my name is Rich and I have a 386 loading problem. Hi Rich welcome to the group,thanks for sharing. ;)

9. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Are those Pad Vees. or just Vees?

10. 386xf

386xf

Works best for my 386 as Tub said. Seems it has to do with how the bow hits the bunks first not so much where the stern is. I half power load also so trailer in to top of fenders and it falls right into place as I am driving it on trailer. Don’t know if it’s really a problem just where it needs to be. Also I had to raise my winch up from where factory setting was, to make winching that last foot ALOT easier. Like I said maybe pay more attention to how straight the bow is and less about the stern and it should fall right in place when u pull the rig out.

Timetofish likes this.
  11. Timetofish

Timetofish

Vees