close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stolen Rifle.........

Discussion in 'General Michigan Hunting' started by hitechman, Jul 16, 2017.

1. hitechman

hitechman Michimaniac

Stolen Monday, July 10th between the hours of 10:30am and 1:30pm in Southern Gratiot County (Michigan).

Details: Action is a savage target action. Right bolt/left port. Stock is a savage F class stock. The barrel is a 30" Criterion Bull. Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. The scope is a NightForce NXS 8-32 x 56 - Moar T reticle with illumination.

It is a unique and easily identifiable rifle. Any information leading to its recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Jakes Gun 2.jpg Jakes Gun 1.jpg

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Notify all the gun stores/pawn shops in the area. Someone may try to sell it quickly. Check all the online sites too. Where was it stolen from?

3. hitechman

hitechman Michimaniac

Home in southern Gratiot County. Pawn shops and gunshops have been notified, and I am watching online as well.

Steve

itchn2fish likes this.
  4. Pinefarm2015

Pinefarm2015

Bummer. Was it your home/rifle? A permanent resident or seasonal home? Either way, a gun safe in unfortunately required in this day and age.

5. tdejong302

tdejong302

Its such a pretty gun as much as I hate to say it ......look at kids or distant friends that were in your house recently that may have seen it. Good luck. And know your schedule.

6. Greatest hunter in world?

Greatest hunter in world?

Beautiful gun. Did the thief take anything else? If not, then that definitely points to tdejong's theory. Unfortunately, I think someone probably knew you had such a nice rifle, and stole it.

7. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Had my guns stole about 15 years ago I suspected a helper a local carpet layer had help him when we had some carpet laid .No way to prove it without recovery .The law seemed uninterested 6 long guns gone but I had great replacement cost insurance and ended up with better guns . It still haunts you that someone was walking freely around your house .Liberty gun safe came a week later .$1700.00 but well worth the piece of mind .Also a new S&W with safe in arms reach from my bed .

phantom cls likes this.
  8. hitechman

hitechman Michimaniac

Home (rural).....it was out of safe and was being set up to fire later that afternoon, left it on the table and went to visit a neighbor friend who was in a motorcycle accident. Came back 2.5 hours later and it was gone. They also tried to get into the gun safe, but to no avail. Only other item taken was $20 in change from the bedroom. Broad daylight.

Steve

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  9. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Probably watching your house for you to leave I was only gone for a half a hour when they got me .

10. Vangilder

Vangilder

Sucks that someone would steal your gun.

11. phantom cls

phantom cls Premium Member

dang heroin addicts in are small towns are getting to be a big problem, hope you get justice steve.

12. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

It was a gang of Toledo based, cocaine bums, that broke into my house, several years ago, and got all of my guns. There were two 18 year olds being driven around the area by a woman from Toledo. Luckily, they broke into a home that had cameras and the "little darlins'" were stupid enough to stand, and stare, at a camera. Another camera caught the plate on the car.

They were caught, and arrested, and my guns recovered BEFORE I got home from work. I was lucky. I have a safe, and cameras, now. Everyone should consider both

Good luck and I hope your rifle is recovered in good condition.