close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stockerfest ‘18

Discussion in 'South East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by Queequeg, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Vicious Fishous

Vicious Fishous

We hit the pond yesterday, Fishing was tough. The streamer/plugging bite was almost nonexistent. Small nymphs and egg flies under an indicator worked best. We only caught rainbows. One was so messed up looking. It’s head looked like a bull mahi mahi.

2. mrblond

mrblond

Stopped by spring mill on the way home from work. Mostly watched. when I got there around 4 they were feeding on the surface. I don’t have best eyesight but seemed most surface takes, although some larger splashes. I wasn’t prepared to fish drys so watched for 30 minutes, decided to go set up the fly rod after I could take it anymore, and when I got my **** together and into the water in wind picked up and feeding turned off immediately. Waited for 20 minutes and never came back. Such is fishing

3. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Yeah there was some kind of black flies (little ones) flying around the other day. Saw a few fish come up and rise on whatever they were. Fly guys caught a few while I was there.

4. Jimbo 09

Jimbo 09

Tried the pond for an hour yesterday afternoon. The wind made it tough, only two others fishing. Had one follow on a gold Cleo but that was it. Only saw a few ugly rainbows cruising around.

5. unclecrash

unclecrash

20180324_184313_Film2.jpg 20180324_184313_Film2.jpg Probably little midges look like moskitos size 28 is what I use when there rising on the surface will get them like these. I use black thread tied in leave a tail of about enough tocomfortably wrao in a rib to the front of the hook LOl. Then dub on a bit of gray muskfat fur keep um thin wrap it from back to where the wing goes then wrap the tag of black thread up to the wing tie it off tie in some polypropylene for the wing white dub in a bit more muskrat up a round the wing. Then a small black head with thread. Better have a big magnifier to tie them. But they work great on the river never trie them still water. But its the same bug they are all over this time of year.

Attached Files:

6. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

Stone flies are some of the first to hatch. I've seen them on snow

7. unclecrash

unclecrash

never seen many stones come off when I do see them they are bigger size 10# to 14 and only a few here and there. Then later Ive seen the big black stone. But best hatches I see on that river have been the small midges. A few mayfly that are a grayish look like maybe hendricksons.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  8. unclecrash

unclecrash

Had my seine over my net years ago and also found quite a few cased caddis.

9. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

Well I stopped by the river yesterday just to check things out, we were bored . River is running high after the rain we got. I think I stumbled upon some kind of sacrafial poaching scene. Saw a big blood spot on the ground with roe next to it along with two incense burning...very weird

10. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

After watching a few videos and seeing some of you guys use a midge I tied some up last night. Can't wait to get out there and toss the new flies and see how they do

11. wsshaker

wsshaker

Browns crushing the streamers. Caught some clean looking browns with fins too LoL

Attached Files:

12. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

Look at the prop on that thing! Never saw a stocker with a motor like that lol.

Hit the river with my buddy yesterday, I took my centerpin with me to drift some flies. I went 1-4. Had a good time, the water is HIGH lol. Can’t wait for it to come down.

03218617-78E5-43C2-892C-413739F73852.jpeg

13. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

I went out today. Very tough going for me, only managed 4 or 5.

14. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

That's interesting, I had no idea u could use a centerpin during restriction season