State Covid inspections

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by BILC, Jul 29, 2020 at 10:57 PM.

1. birdhntr

birdhntr

This is completely untrue.Do you have there names.
    These health department people that said this are not allowed to spread misinformation like this.
    All the people I know that had it lately said they never had symptoms.
    It's my understanding that now when people test positive they feel obligated or the need to say they have these milder type symptoms like a loose stool,slight headache,itchy throat and so on.
    Currently asymptomatic is still high and the parameter values are undetermined as well as possible transmission percentage of asymptomatic.
    It could be high or low.
    An asymptomatic carrier will not be picked up and they will come and go at your wife's work undetected and may actually be the transmission subject and not the symptomatic subject.
    Hospitals are doing tests for certain procedures and surgeries and many folks are surprised when told they are positive for covid.

Bucket-Back likes this.
  2. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

My wife was told the exact same thing by the testing facility she went to. Recent trends are that people are getting sick within 3 days or less. They told her since it had been 9 days since she saw her coworker she was likely fine. That doesnt mean nobody gets sick later. That doesnt mean people werent getting sick long after exposure. It just means the trends seem to be changing on average.

3. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

He is allowed to operate by virtue of LARA.:Modified_
    By that I mean he's licensed to be a barber. The inspectors come around and check license displays and anything else on their checklist. Just like every other inspector. I'm surprised to hear how hard headed those old barbers are though. lol

4. U of M Fan

U of M Fan Premium Member

I wonder if someone complained to the state about the barber not wearing a mask and that’s why they did an inspection? Or was it just random? My barber requires everyone to wear a mask but no temp checks.

5. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

I agree on the mask, but we still need to complain in order to draw a line.;)

I
    think they were sending a message. Comply or we will make it hard on you. That or power tripping individuals just cant stand a show of defiance by a peasant. Tell them to stick their license up their backside and they'll likely escalate the situation. SOP for the state and some of its henchmen.

vsmorgantown and Chessieman like this.
  6. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Most likely the case. My eye dr told a story that he opened for one day to see two patients in a qualified emergency situation back in april. He said he had authorities show up and they said they had 3 calls about him being open.

U of M Fan likes this.
  7. TK81

TK81

My observations are that your line might be better drawn with rocks and molotov cocktails.

Git r done.

8. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

Yes. That appears to be the great waiver.

Swampdog467 likes this.
  9. Bucket-Back

Bucket-Back

Those milder symptoms are what I call a hangover after a good night of drinking in a smoky bar.

10. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

Did they show him a search warrant before the searched every thing?

11. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

We had our annual audit a couple of weeks ago. The product guys are usually the stick in the mud for these things and mine is usually totally anal and spends a full day going over nothing.

This year was different. I know he's a germaphobe so I came up with a plan for the meeting this year. We all met, masked up and he started his routine. I coughed about three times, our quality engineer coughed twice and the production guy coughed.

The PD guys eyes got big as I suspected they would and he said what changed since last year? Anticipating he'd hit the bait I had the small stack of changes ready for him and I flipped them on the table. We all stood up and looked over his shoulder and I swear I could hear his goose bumps grow.....WHERE DO I SIGN???? Right here buddy. Audit over....LOL

6thMichCav, DanSS26, BILC and 2 others like this.
  12. CHASINEYES

CHASINEYES

LMAO!

6Speed likes this.
  13. fishmark

fishmark Premium Member

They don't need to. Every business that operates in Mi is open to inspections.
    Construction, health, food, barbers and salons. The list is endless.

Oldgrandman and Nostromo like this.
  14. brewster

brewster Premium Member

We've been waiting for months for an inspection of our kitchen so that we can sell product at stores rather than just at farmers markets.

We keep getting told that no is working so they'll let us know when they can show up.

BILC likes this.
  15. fishmark

fishmark Premium Member

It pays to know the inspectors in your area.