close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Starve The Beast.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by farmlegend, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triplelunger

triplelunger

Pinefarm is gonna draw mine, then not use it.
    I guess my wife will be buying a tag this year... Will I... I mean she fill it?

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. triplelunger

triplelunger

Pinefarm is gonna draw mine, then not use it.
    I guess my wife will be buying a tag this year... Will I... I mean she fill it?

3. triplelunger

triplelunger

I just got a bad case of deja vu.

itchn2fish likes this.
  4. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I hope everyone that hunts around me doesn't buy a license this year. It will be nice.

melvvin, Trout King and itchn2fish like this.
  5. mbrewer

mbrewer

:lol:

Stop it.

melvvin, Trout King and itchn2fish like this.
  6. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Lmfao, your place will be in a pure Michigan commercial..nw12....guess were lucky we got 3 farmers in the county..lol

stickbow shooter likes this.
  7. Nostromo

Nostromo

This is not an accurate analogy. It's agriculture has more value than recreation. ;)

8. swampbuck

swampbuck

Considering some DNR people read these pages, it's kinda cool watching them burn all off the progress they have made....LMBO !

357Maximum, itchn2fish and miruss like this.
  9. plugger

plugger Premium Member

I am betting everyone, even the ones talking boycott, will buy the tags they normally would. If you think you can cause doe numbers to triple I think you have a screw loose if you are near agriculture. Except in special circumstances the DNR has eliminated night shooting on depredation permits and has pushed the use of Dmaps instead of summer permits. If doe numbers start to increase beyond desire the night permits will come back and with todays night vison optics the deer numbers will plummet. Deer season will be deer season and many people will enjoy themselves but it will probably be less people than last year as a long term trend continues. Saturday or weekday opener, MAPRS or not our sport is dying. They lost license sales during the last price increase and any further increases will bring on the same.

10. miruss

miruss

I think the pro apr group needs to get together and come up with what really happened!! first it was we don't need any aprs we hunt that way anyways we kill more does then everyone else we do it for the health of the herd! Then it's it failed because of special interest groups and we aren't buying any tags that will show them !!
    Now it's was never on the docket anyways! Well hell can someone tell me why everyone is crying and are not buying tags now if nothing was lost??
    Here are some of responses from another thread when the pro crowd though it was going to pass when told some hunters might stop hunting because of MAPRS and the state will lose between 50,000 & 100,000$ the first year!! !!
    "Very few.
    Most will just complain and keep hunting.
    Some may actually grow to like them.
    The nonsense spewed by the SMART gang of how MAPR's have caused hunters to quit hunting is nothing but BSC."
    "Should just raise the combo tag to a 100 then...works for me"
    "Complete unsubstantiated nonsense"

11. sniper

sniper

What's beyond frightening, is all the guys here that have no clue as to what went on, yet continue to act and post erroneous statements on the subject just because they know where the send button is at...Unreal

12. otcarcher

otcarcher

Agreed. Just like a bunch of giddy little school girls.

graybeard and cdacker like this.
  13. swampbuck

swampbuck

So tell us what went on then, tell us what we don't already know.

The ag people didn't agree with the proposal and neither did the NRC. Many of us think they made the right call. Hell Mason's boss didn't even support it. It was a non-starter from the beginning.

357Maximum and itchn2fish like this.
  14. cdacker

cdacker

the boss that thinks that some areas of the state won't grow a six point buck and that spikes need to be culled? Not too hard to understand why he wouldn't support APR spewing nonsense like that.

15. swampbuck

swampbuck

Yea, I hope director Creigh sticks around a while !

357Maximum and itchn2fish like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.