St. Croix Warranties and Exchanges

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ESOX, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

St. Croix has confirmed once again why I have a bunch of their rods around. I sent in a Tidemaster travel rod that was under warranty. I decided I didn't need a baitcaster travel rod anymore. They gave me a substantial credit towards a different rod (I picked a new addition to their lineup, a Legend Tournament Bass LTBC70MHXF) I got the upgrade and trade in for 60 bucks, including freight.
    While I was on the phone with them (they called for my CC info after approving the exchange) I figured it never hurts to ask, so I mentioned a rod I found last week in the floor joists of the basement. It was an old favorite steelhead tamer, a Wild River 9' spinning rod I got a lot of use out of over the years. I couldn't even tell you exactly how old it is, but it sure as heck wasn't new when I broke it. And I broke this rod 11 years ago when a cooler fell on it. I guess I never threw it out for sentimental reasons or something. Anyhow, St. Croix is giving me a $100.00 credit on that rod towards a new Avid or better. Only problem is I have no clue what I want. I sure don't need anything. Maybe I'll wait till the new Legend shows up and see if they are so good I need to start on replacing a dozen or so Avids.:yikes: :lol:
    In this day and age of uncaring corporations, I just wanted to give some well deserved cudos to St Croix. I am beginning to think it's pointless to even look at other rods when they are so willing to go above and beyond for their customers.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. joeirv

joeirv

I just found an old, beat up, broken St. Croix 8wt fly rod in the garage.... I can guarantee I don't have a reciept but are they usually pretty good about this stuff?

3. joeirv

joeirv

Nevermind looked it up and answered my own question. I'm definitely going to look into a credit though, since ye ol' ugly stick is not quite cutting it.

4. Powerstrokd1

Powerstrokd1

Nice to see a company not shafting the consumer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. TrekJeff

TrekJeff

Yes, Croix is awesome. The discount that we get through work on them is almost unbelievable, even with trade back credit.

6. jasnooks

jasnooks

Indeed!
    I've never considered buying a St.Croix rod. Saw the price tag on one a long time ago and decided they weren't for me.. But with that kind of service, i might have to change up my way of thinking.

7. sullyxlh

sullyxlh

I have to deal with em on two different occasions with two different rods and I could not have asked for better treatment from the WHOLE process.
    Excellent customer service!

8. Bonz 54

Bonz 54

I have been buying St Croix rods for years and never had any trouble with one. Well I bought an 8.5' Wind River Steelhead Rod for casting crankbaits at night for Walleye's in Lake Erie. Third cast with the rod it snapped.:yikes::rant: So, I call St Croix up and they tell me to ship it back and they would contact me. Four days later the phone rings, it's the customer service rep for St. Croix and she tells me they are going to send me a new rod.:D Alittle while later someone from St Croix calls and asks if I wanted to up grade the rod for an additional $60? It would have been twice that difference if I'd have purchased it retail. Of course I agreed. Three days later there's a 9' tube on my front porch with my new rod. You just don't get that kind of service everywhere. :coolgleam FRANK

9. smokepole

smokepole

Their warranty service is reason #2 I fish st. croix rods.
    #1 is because they are awesome rods :D

10. DE82

DE82 Banned

I know they have a nice feel, are light and sensative but I simply can't get over the fact they break so much, great warranty or not when I'm walking a stream I don't need my fishing trip ended by a broken rod. I own a Croix, it sits in the corner of my room :lol:

11. roger23

roger23

what are you talking about I have only broken 2 Avids in the last 5 years,:confused: I now make sure I take a couple extra rods with me all the time,,nothing like being a thousand miles from home with a broken fishing rod,,

12. DE82

DE82 Banned

I'm talking about the countless breaks I hear about on this site, also from people I know that have had them. In fact I was just up north this past weekend with my girlfriend and her family. Her Dad using a Croix, me using the same old ugly stick with 8lb power pro that I've been using for years and me out fishing him 36-2 over the weekend AND he broke TWO rods, one was on a small bass maybe 10inches and the other was on a cast.

Now I'm not trying to say Ugly Sticks are better rods but I will say I like them for what I do better than a Croix, even more so when you factor in I don't have to bring extra rods that I don't have room for when I go on a trip or worrying about breaking it when I'm going through brush and over logs with them. For me, I've seen too many Croix's break to trust them.

13. Rat Fink

Rat Fink

You have a girlfriend?

14. Due51

Due51

I called last year on a baitcaster St. Criox that had a broken eye. They wouldn't cover it and never offered a credit towards the purchase of a new one.

15. Bonz 54

Bonz 54

This is the first I've heard of St. Croixs' having a breakage problem.:confused: I have been using St. Croix's for 25+ years, I own 9 of them of various grades, and have only had a problem with the one. I'll buy another if the need should arise. FRANK