SSP 11/29

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by LOman, Nov 29, 2020.

1. LOman

LOman

Slow pick this morning. 6 for 8 running DDHJs 30 to 40 back in 16 to 18 FOW.

rs2, chuckb, NEW HUDSON WALT and 7 others like this.
  2. LOman

LOman

Stuck with the program. Finished 12 for 15 with 3 doubles. Good day on the water.

rs2, chuckb, NEW HUDSON WALT and 7 others like this.

3. Sir Walter

Sir Walter

Took my son out around 8am. Pretty gnarly with 3-4 foot waves. Set up in front of rock wall in 16ft and rode with the waves at 1.4- 8.5 with surges lol. Really from 1.4-1.8 sog. Took 4 on first pass and two on second pass and called it at 10:15. Too rough for me lol. Looks like you stuck it out and did really good. They were hitting Perfect 10’s 50ft back and deep bandits 35ft back. No more pics of hot baits. After posting pics from Fri. I went to Domka’s to pick up another Toxic Melon and he was sold out of them lol. Just kidding I’ll post pics of baits when I take them. Today it was a Domka Fruit Loops Perfect 10 and the Green Weenie deep bandit catching 4 walleyes and the Toxic Melon taking the other two. Check out website for pics because it was too damned cold for pic this morning lol. Released all 6 fish to swim again, 3-5lbers.

David Mackinder, rs2, marty59 and 7 others like this.
  4. LOman

LOman

Thanks for putting the 6 back so that we could catch them to finish our limit with them!

Fluorescent pink tiger DDHJ was our hot color today.

Most of our fish came on the boards closest to the boat, which was very unusual.

5. perchjerker

perchjerker

Actually last time I fished in late October a lot of our fish came on the inside boards too now that you mention it.

rs2 and marty59 like this.
  6. Sir Walter

Sir Walter

Gotta love it when inside boards go back. Less chance for tangles lol. I’ll put a bait on inside boards that I hope will be the hot one, but it usually doesn’t happen that way. Still, we don’t usually have any problems with bringing in fish on any of the boards.

kisherfisher, rs2 and marty59 like this.
  7. FishManDan

FishManDan

Fished with Ifishmon headed into wind and started short of river raisin to set lines heading north. Searched for a while and Rick hit a fish up high. 20201129_101255.jpg
    Then one at 11ft down. 20201129_102006.jpg
    Before got that one in one of my boards went back and another. Unfortunately I did not pull lines and go back over them. Trolled on due to waves and wind. The wind was pushing us and of used the TM at 30% for speed of 2.0sog .best depth was 15 tl 18fow 20201129_161952.jpg 20201129_162025.jpg Searched and searched til finally got a feel for them. Seemed as wind died they wanted to hit stalled bait as it took off again. As we pulled lines for day realized should have been starting then. Flat calm evening. Did see couple boats heading out. Ended with 8 nice Feesch.

8. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Good job Dan ! Quality !

Whopper 24 likes this.
  9. DoubleJay

DoubleJay

Dan, we also had a good morning, but fished off of Luna in Bill’s spot! Everything was up real high, very active before last nights cold front.
    Jay

marty59 likes this.
  10. FishManDan

FishManDan

Thanks Doublejay on Friday they all came on short leads but yesterday I did get 2 on 45 ft back bandit. Most of our lines were up higher. Thought about running a couple of shallow HJs but could not convince Ifishmon to switch any of his 3 boards as he caught fish on each one. We did slide into one of your spots and pulled a couple there. LOL

David Mackinder and marty59 like this.
  11. Skinner 2

Skinner 2

nice reports and a good class of fish.