Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Squirrel hunting pictures

100K views 274 replies 123 participants last post by  Martin Looker 
#1 ·
Post your successful hunt pictures here. I'm sure all of the other hunters who can't get out there will enjoy them.

#12 ·
Head shot squirrel on state game land 11/12/11. He was about 5 feet out on a branch 35-40' up with the rest of the tree as a back stop. Heard him fall but spent 5 minutes looking for 'em since he blends in well with a forest floor covered in tan dead oak leaves :lol:

#23 · (Edited)
Rephrase that can you use a .22 long rifle in the shot gun only zone. I have a ruger10/22 10 shot capasity semi auto can I use that?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Normally you can use a .22, but some areas have local laws against rifle hunting. Also I believe that it's still against the law to hunt with a .22 anywhere in Lower Southern Michigan until after the end of firearm deer season.

#24 · (Edited)
I believe that it's still against the law to hunt with a .22 anywhere in Lower Southern Michigan until after the end of firearm deer season.

I see on page 28 of the rules it says "Centerfire or rimfire rifles may be used Dec. 1 - Nov. 9 in the shotgun zone during the open season for all species except no rifles may be used for deer, turkeys, and migratory game birds." The way I read it you can't use a rifle of any kind from Nov. 10 - Nov. 30 in zone 3 but any other time they are legal. I think I will ask the DNR to make sure cause I think a lot of people do up to and after gun deer season. If I get an answer I will post it in a new thread instead of the squirrel pic thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.