Spypoint trail camera

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Flight of the arrow, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Flight of the arrow

Flight of the arrow Premium Member

So 2 years ago I bought a Spypoint Evo, it worked great for one season. The following season I was going threw my cameras and the Evo wouldn’t work, I called Spypoint 3 different times and honestly got tired of being on hold after a hour. This year a friend had one of his stop working so he offered to send them in together and I said sure. Well I received my camera two days ago and they couldn’t replace it with another Evo so they sent me a Dark link to replace it. It took awhile but I think I made out on that deal !
    Flight

Firefighter, Big CC and johnhunter247 like this.
  2. Glad to hear becsuse I received a new micro link cell cam and it won’t send pictures to my phone. They are on the sd card but don’t send. Chatted with tech and said my firmware was out of date and that they would send update to my camera within 24 hours I hope so becsuse im sending it back if they don’t do as said

TriggerDiscipline likes this.

3. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

Bought one and it wasn’t registering when I set it up called was able to get through and the technician was trying this and that . Then he said take a knife and pop out the large SD card behind the battery I said I’m not going to pry it out and risk damaging anything. So after a half hour mostly do to his accent ( India) He said to take it back and exchange for a new one so away I went 40 miles round trip
    But it works fine for now . Fingers crossed . Did like the picture of a mature Bobcat walking through the food plot . But hate those 15 damn turkeys eating my broadcast winter rye seed

4. R.J.M.

R.J.M.

Their antenna set up is pretty poor
    Its like all plastic so be carful when moving it to a new location. Your SOL
    If a large bird lands on it .

5. pleistocene

pleistocene

They are in Canada that is a french accent although it could be someone multi lingual from any where, they seem to take customer service serious,just hard to understand sometimes.

6. Bill Fred Bear

Bill Fred Bear

I have two spy point micro's with HEM 12V w/solar. This is season two.
    The picture clarity could be a bit better but all in all I like them. I have them on Public Land and don't seem to ever have an issue. Knock on wood. Actually had this dog run by this morning. Likely grouse hunting. Hopefully he didn't decide to eat my gut pile form a couple days before. LOL. I'm sure the coyotes cleaned it up.

7. Went thru another hour on chat today. Bottom line he told me to download near firmware. I to,d him to take his firmware download and stick it. I buy something new it should work out of the box or at least be easily updated. It’s going back and I get my tactacam tomorrow so I ll see how it works and if good I’ll get another one of them.

gatorman841 likes this.
  8. Craves

Craves

I bought the Spypoint Micro this year and it is junk.

Picked up a Tactacam Reveal and it has worked great with far better customer service....scratch that. I haven't had to call Tactacam yet because the camera just keeps working!

Last night the 3d487d48-d2be-4e34-9fd0-d019c8a4001b_183927558558577.jpg Ladies were in the acorns!

sparky18181 likes this.
  9. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

I have the Micro with the solar panel and it has worked flawlessly. Batteries are holding at 70% after 3 months after 1K pics. I just put an external antenna on my BIL cam in Lake County and the signal went fro 20% to 90%.

10. Craves

Craves

Glad it worked out for you...I am taking mine back and going with another Tactacam. Far better pictures and service.

11. Tactacam s are hard to find so if anyone finds them please let us know. After you order yours first of course. Thabks.

12. Muskegonbow

Muskegonbow

I’ve had issues with my Link Evo over the last two years. I was ready to throw it away. I realized it was an issue with the memory card. I put a brand new one and it has been out two months in the woods working flawlessly. My cell link has worked flawlessly since day one. I’m buying another soon.

13. MossyHorns

MossyHorns

I wouldn't know about service, because I haven't had any trouble. The pics on the card are very clear. My BIL has 2 of them and has been very happy as well.

14. The cell link I have works flawlessly with my Bushnell. That micro link. Piece of crap.

15. Sewey

Sewey

I just got a micro link and can’t get it to work it seems. The battery level indicator on the app says 0%, and it has brand new lithium’s in it. I’ve only gotten it to send 2-3 pics of me while placing it, after that nothing happens. I’ve gone and walked by it and never got a picture. Talked to customer care and they are pushing an update over the air as well, I don’t have high hopes of this turning out favorably.