close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spur of the Moment 2018

Discussion in '2018 Spring Team Turkey contest' started by MISTURN3, Feb 23, 2018.

1. toppm

toppm

I was standing in my back yard Sunday when I took this You know how that goes though. I think a coyote might have pushed them up though. It was 11 am
    20180311_104654.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

cedarlkDJ, Wallis and MISTURN3 like this.
  2. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Cool pic - ToppM.......

3. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

well - was up north fishin for some steel and happened upon two groups of birds......some real dandy's about a mile from our 100...........birds gobbling every morning outside my buddy's house where we killed two last year.........that really got my senses going.....ugh......still got more steel and eyes to catch before May 7th..........

Wallis likes this.
  4. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

I've been seeing birds here and there, no real boots on the ground yet. I usually wait until week or so before hunting period. I may take the early period and hunt near work down in Monroe.

MISTURN3 likes this.
  5. outdoorsaddict99

outdoorsaddict99

Just got permission on another giant farm with tons of birds! I got first season this year and I'm taking my little sister first season as well for her first year sitting by herself, without me by her side

MISTURN3 likes this.
  6. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Go get em 99. Gonna kill me to sit again till 3rd season but i like the freedom of being able to hunt longer. The weather now sucks. Snow Camo needed lol

7. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Season is coming up fast gents.....hope everyone is getting ready - has it all dialed in, etc. Birds are a little more talkative lately and more showing up around where I hunt in NW Mich.....i think they are starting to break out a bit from what i am hearing

8. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

I picked up some Longbeard XR today in 2.75", tired of blowing my shoulder out with magnums... Also finally grabbed some Avian X dekes I've been saving for quite some time! Cabela's bucks, rebate, and points made it a no brainer...

MISTURN3 likes this.
  9. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Yeah - know that feeling shooting 3.5" magnums........glad it only takes 1-2 practice shots and 1 to put em down......let me know how you like the dekes

10. thegospelisgood

thegospelisgood

May is looking more and more like the hunt I want to take. This weather is sure gonna create some issues!

MISTURN3 likes this.
  11. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

12. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

ok fellas - put us on the "official" (at least i think it was) sign in page...lol we never talked about a captain - but i listed me. anyone wants it i can change it........

So 99 has the first hunt - anyone else? Hope it all goes well - let us live vicariously thru you until we can get out......good luck!

13. cedarlkDJ

cedarlkDJ proud to be a....... Premium Member

That thread’s not “official”. I’m just a peon and was basically asking Tony if there was going to be one like there always had been, since he didn’t post one. I assumed he meant just start your team thread.

MISTURN3 likes this.
  14. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Thanks Cedar! figured better safe than sorry - especially with Tony lol...... looking forward to seeing your next addition to the wall.

15. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

Got some pics from my buddy up in Mason County - several toms still strutting for some babes in the snow covered cut corn fields - about a mile up the road from the property....6 longbeards and some jakes.......still contemplating packing my snow camo for late season hunt LOL.......cant get here soon enough for me!

Namrock likes this.