South of Munising for Pike/bass

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by ErikO, Aug 17, 2017.

1. ErikO

ErikO

Heading up to Michigan Tech this upcoming week and was wondering if anyone could suggest a few small lakes in the area that my father and i could maybe camp at for the night and fish for a day to catch some northern's and bass.

Thanks!
    Erik

slowpaya likes this.
  2. stickman1978

stickman1978

ErikO and slowpaya like this.

3. ADHDfishing

ADHDfishing

If you are ever in the area again, Deer Lake on US41, West of Munising, and the Autrain River Basin (AKA Cleveland Cliffs Basin AKA Forest Lake) South of Munising on M94, both produce Northerns and Smallmouth.

ma1979 and zzcop302 like this.
  4. Magnet

Magnet

Pete's Lake...... South on H13.. Rustic camping.. Nice lake, nice beach.
    Island Lake..... South on H13.. West on Buckhorn Rd. South on Island Lake Rd... Fancier than Pete's Lake Campground...
    Dozens of other fishable lakes in the same basic vicinity.

zzcop302 likes this.
  5. zzcop302

zzcop302

Hey Magnet,
    I live pretty close to the lakes off H13, near Chatham.
    I’ve fished a number of them and enjoy that whole area.
    Are you familiar with Corner Lakes?
    I haven’t had an opportunity to check them out but was told there was decent camping and good panfishing.
    Hoping to check it out this spring and summer.

6. Magnet

Magnet

Not sure about Corner Lakes. I've fished a bunch of them and don't even know the names of most. I know most of them by directions..... cross the bridge, take the second two track on the right, third lake on the left........ sort of thing. A lot of lakes around that area don't have marked public access. There are also some decent lakes with access if you head east of H13 on the 440 too.

I don't think I have enough years left to fish all of the lakes in the S. Alger / N. Delta area. :)

Rainbow trout, brook trout, lake trout, musky, walleye, pike, bass, pan fish..... Lots of lakes, lots of options.

zzcop302 likes this.
  7. Chris Jellel

Chris Jellel

I'll be heading up to Mckeever Lake in early June and Bass Lake in Stueben as well. Hoping for some solid spring fishing. Sounds like there will be plenty of species to be had. This will be my first trip to Hiawatha and Pictured Rocks. Really excited

zzcop302 likes this.