close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

South Manistique

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland UP Lakes' started by fishfinder52, May 31, 2017.

1. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Well...sounds like several of you are up there right now or have been recently. Any reports?

2. Icecleate

Icecleate

Eye bite has been pretty good. Storms have made it a little tough with the bite. We have caught 13 keepers so far

Go Lions!!!! likes this.

3. bmoffit

bmoffit

Awesome!!!! Thanks for the update

4. Icecleate

Icecleate

Totals for the week for 6/9 - 6/16. We ended up with 26 keeper eyes and 24 shorts, 100+ small pike and around a dozen nice bass. We were only able to fish 4 1/2 days because of the strong winds and storms. Biggest eye was 23 1/2". All in all for the weather we had it was a good trip!

gatorman841 likes this.
  5. bmoffit

bmoffit

That's great news !!!! Sounds like a nice vacation!!! Appreciate the update

6. gatorman841

gatorman841 Premium Member

Any new reports for big or small man? Pms always good to

7. Joeblow3

Joeblow3

Heading up here on July 8th thru the 14th any info on were I should target on the lake? Mostly looking for walleye and blue gills..

thanks

8. bmoffit

bmoffit

Any updates??? I'll be staying at sunset pines next week and I'm a newbie at this lake. Any tips??

9. Joeblow3

Joeblow3

We caught walleye and pike in about 6 feet in front of our rental cabin next at the end of the point by shermans resort. Weather was terrible only got to fish 3 of the 5 days we where there. Slip bobber and a minnows

10. darkwang

darkwang

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to PM me to offer any tips or spots i might try on this lake. I am actually here right now. In the last 3 days i have had very little luck. Im here with my wife and boy and just trying to hook into bigger gills, perch, a walleye or whatever else will bite. Ive only hooked up 3 small pike and a fair amount of very small blue gills......any help anyone might be willing to offer to improve our fishing vacation would be so very appreciated.

11. selectcut

selectcut

Few years ago we were up there around this time did our best early morning and late evening around long point near middle of the lake. We used crawlers mostly with some leeches. Caught perch, gills, pike bass and 2 eyes. About 18 foot of water for both eyes

12. JBhunter45

JBhunter45

I'll be in the Curtis area from the 3rd through 9th if anyone wants to coordinate.
    Blue Alumacraft tiller.