South Haven Perch

Discussion in 'Big Lake Cold Water Fishing Reports' started by 1fishingnut, Jul 17, 2013.

1. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

Took the kids out this morning. We went north 2 miles to 30 FOW. We ended with 58 by 10 am. We had a huge:fish: school of bait move in, and the bite was really slow. We decided to give a late try for salmon. Ran to 100 FOW, had one on full color lead core, but lost it. No takers after that. Headed in around noon. GREAT DAY with my kids... BTW my daughter got the most and biggest. My son had 4 doubles.. 2 twins about 10" ... I got my butt kicked... BUT I STILL WIN :)

BTW CO was checking boats. He said he watched us pick up and set for salmon. Nice guy but I hear others were not so happy. Rules are there for our safety, and to keep the fishing good!

2. andyotto

andyotto

Sounds like a fun day!

3. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

Thank you,
    It was a GREAT day on the water with my kids. My son started filleting on his own today... AWESOME!:fish:

4. bansheejoel

bansheejoel

Any size? Was looking to head down there this saturday. Haven't got on the perch in a few yrs and miss it.

5. martemucci

martemucci

Same program/ Didn't get on the water until 12:30 pm. Went north and put 28 over 8 inch Perch in the box. Went through a lot of 6-7 inch fish. Caught 6 over 10 inch. Huge schools of Alwies (sp.) showing on your screen will halt the perch bite. We caught 4. You will have to move when they move in. Best fishing was in 22 - 24 ft. of water.

6. danthebuilder

danthebuilder

7. 1fishingnut

1fishingnut

Most of them were about 8". We got a few 10's and 11's. A lot of small ones, but it was enough to keep the kids busy. Great time.