South Dakota Antelope

Discussion in 'Out of state hunts' started by steelyspeed, Sep 16, 2020.

1. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Well SD was nice enough to offer full refunds to hunters who drew limited draw tags because of Covid. They sold them on a first come first serve basis at 2:00pm today :)
    I had a decent west river muley tag in my cart, but decided to go with what I believe is the best Antelope unit in the state! I am working with limited vacation time so I will have 1.5 days of scouting and 4 days of hunting. I leave in 2 weeks!
    Anyone hunted SD for Antelope?

Fool'em, WMU05, Namrock and 1 other person like this.
  2. Huntmaster143

Huntmaster143

Not Antelope, but heading to SD next week for mule deer. Have a good time, antelope are fun to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Have a great trip. I bow hunted SD for Mulies in 2016 in an area that is now a hard to draw access permit. Deer everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Huntmaster143 likes this.
  4. Namrock

Namrock

Way to capitalize on a great opportunity. Never done anything besides whitetail out there in 2nd heaven, but Good luck, shoot straight & have a blast

5. birdhntr

birdhntr

Nope but wish to one day.
    The guy I was hooked up with pheasant hunting in North Dakota wanted to take us down to South Dakota to a farm he sold his Alfalfa and hay to.He said it was crazy how many were on this ranch.He stated the entire time driving in and out of the ranch there was always at least one that was in sight.We still kick ourselves in the butt for not doing it.Only had to pay for tag and good to go.SMH.He had the rifle ready.This was back in the early 2000's and I bet things have changed now.
    I think I have an idea where your going.
    Good Luck!!