Soft Beads

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by goodasgold, Mar 21, 2018.

1. goodasgold

goodasgold

I’m wondering if others are running into the same problem I’m having with soft beads- being that I can’t keep them secured properly in moderate flows. I’ve used several methods and brands, mostly using bobber stops. What happens is that they slide onto and then over the stop and down to the hook while I’m reeling in. Reset, do it again, and the hole this causes in the bead widens to the point where it won’t stay secured at all. How do you rig yours? It just seems like they are not working as advertised

2. 101thwacK

101thwacK

Have you tried death roe with their little bead that goes in the center of the soft bead?

3. 101thwacK

101thwacK

4. Chromedoggy

Chromedoggy Premium Member

Dragging through rocks? Even the least durable should not slide over a bobber stop

5. goodasgold

goodasgold

Thanks for the link, I haven’t tried that brand or rigging. Looks like that set up may be a pain to tie in cold weather being that I don’t often tie bead knots, but it’s worth a try.

6. goodasgold

goodasgold

I don’t think so, I’m not reading it that way from the float. I guess it’s something to really take a second look at though.

7. jd4223

jd4223

Use X-Factor soft beads. They come with a bobber stop and a tiny round shaped sequin with a tiny hole in it that you run your line through. Look up x factor and watch their video on rigging. They start by running your leader through the soft bead using a needle,then run the leader through the tiny sequin,then slide on the bobber stop and then tie on hook/jig. Slide the bobber stop approx. 1' to 1 1/2' above hook/jig,slide soft bead and sequin down to the bobber stop. The soft bead sits in the curve of the sequin and prevents the soft bead from sliding over bobber stop. The x-factor soft beads are scented and come in 7 colors I think and 4 sizes I believe.

8. Superior Outfitter

Superior Outfitter Sponsor

The cleardrift clear bobber stops work pretty well.I just put a stop on my leader and tie a hook on. Stab the hook through the bead and slide it up the line and over the stop so the bead is above the stop.It usually wont slide back over.

9. brian0013

brian0013

Pre tie your beads with a snell not .no need to be on the bank instead of in the water

slightofhand likes this.
  10. slightofhand

slightofhand

I pre tie about 10 different death roe leaders and beads so I’m ready to go and switch out any time on the river. I even tie my micro swivel on the end of my Leader so all I do is cut my mainline and tie it to the new Leader. It takes two seconds. I have a number of different hook sizes also so if I want to downgrade or upgrade I just switch to a new pre tied leader

11. Clum

Clum

I wonder how well maggot clips would work.

[​IMG]

smokepole likes this.
  12. adam bomb

adam bomb

I rig mine the death roe way. No issues. Tiny seed bead, bead knot, thread soft bead on over hook and pull seed bead into soft bead giving it that embryo look. Easy Peezy. I pre-tie all my leaders also do that if I bust off I just tie on a new one and keep on rocking