So I did it.

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by jscheel, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Slimshady

Slimshady

Plus, it usually doesn't take any luck to catch sheep. At least not good luck, anyway. If you've got to rely on good luck and superstitions to catch sheep, you may want to take up golf. :D

BTW, I am not bagging on sheep. I enjoy catching the big ones, as they put up a heck of a fight and have saved many days when we just wanted something to bite. That said, they aren't exactly the most challenging fish to catch.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. piketroller

piketroller

If you want to do poor man’s lobster right, you need to find some burbot. When the shad come in shallow to spawn in mid to late fall, the burbot will probably follow them in wherever you are. Most Great Lakes ports get at least a few.

3. jscheel

jscheel

It's funny that you say that as that was my thoughts too except the trip before the last one I had decided I was going to keep some to try and we never caught one! And to top it, all we caught that day were keeper walleyes. 18 walleyes over 17"

milanmark likes this.
  4. Slimshady

Slimshady

That is funny. "Dang, just another stupid walleye..."

We had that last year at Wheatley fishing for Steelies. We must have caught 75-80 walleyes. We had to check our lines every 5 mins to clear off the 13"-16" walleyes. It was rare to reel in a line and not have one on it. I never thought I would see a time when I was actually annoyed by catching walleyes, but I was that day.