close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Snow camo suit?

Discussion in 'Michigan Predator Hunting' started by Capt.STU, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Quack Addict

Quack Addict

I picked up some dedicated snow camo recently at Midway, their "Mackenzie" line. It's currently on clearance with free shipping. Very impressed with the quality.

Their sizes run big. I wear 34" inseam pants and went with the XL Tall bibs. Should have just got the standard length but it's not enough to worry about. I'm glad I got the "tall" version of the parka though.

Bibs $98 / free shipping
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939163976/midwayusa-mens-mackenzie-mountain-signature-bibs

Parka $89 / free shipping
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939165899/midwayusa-mens-mackenzie-mountain-signature-parka

2. flash5153

flash5153

Wow,,,them look good and priced pretty good

3. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

I love the Nat gear cover-up suit as mentioned earlier where your late season garb and cover it up. I've killed everything from yotes, ducks, geese deer in it at close range.

Not just saying that suit but I feel more concealed in snow camo in snow than any twigs and leaves patterns when no snow.

4. flash5153

flash5153

Yep I agree,,the snow camo seems to make you almost invisible to the deer. I dont give the Yotes a chance to test it out. lol
    I have had deer come to my coyote calling many times and they cannot see me. They find it interesting to see what the noise is all about.
    I stood up and walked right at a group of deer once ,in the snow suit. I got with in 40 yrds with them looking at me the whole time,before they took off. They just couldnt figure out what I was and took off kinda slow,,like still wondering what was up.
    If it wasnt for carrying a rifle,that they can see. I think I could get much closer.

DEDGOOSE likes this.
  5. 270 Hunter

270 Hunter

Light weight " open spaces " white pants and jacket over my late season deer hunting clothes works well for me. Very quiet and light, but not water proof. Cheaper than a whole new set of bibs and coat. Sharpie marker to the baklava to blend face with jacket print optional........

Attached Files:

6. Capt.STU

Capt.STU

Ended up buying the Herters suit from cabelas. It was 50 % off so I got parka and bibs for $80. Couldn’t pass up the deal.

7. Yooper Shooter

Yooper Shooter

I have the Gamehide Ambush coverup jacket and pants and they work well. Quiet material and good camo pattern.

8. Happy-Hooker

Happy-Hooker

I purchased a couple years ago ASAT insulated camo, from Day One Camo. Hand made, and good gear.

9. Yooper Shooter

Yooper Shooter

10. old graybeard

old graybeard

I love snow camo! you can set right out next to trees or brush and nothing sees you. Great stuff.

11. jiggerjarvi

jiggerjarvi

Just got a set of Kings snow shadow, as stated above they are not super white, a soft white with light foliage I’d describe it.
    But they are super soft, which is quiet, and seem well insulated.

I will give a full report after some use.

12. skinl19

skinl19

Another vote on the natural gear snow camo.

13. part-timer

part-timer

[​IMG]

True timber snow camo is what I use. It’s thin and stretches easily I just wear whatever warm clothes I have and throw them on over top. I use either my late season deer hunting clothes under or have even wore cathartt bibs and jacket under it.

14. DFJISH

DFJISH

15. williewater99

williewater99

Cabelas Snow Camo. They had a remarkable sale on it a few months ago. Regular price $179.99 bibs were $28 and the regular price $149.99 parka was $28, as well. With free "Ship To Store", I think my total cost was $59 and change. It was sold out online in less than 24 hours. Saved $280. Waterproof and Thinsulate construction. I don't know if they were changing patterns and making room for new gear, but I had it in my "Cart" in 30 seconds! Snow Camo 1.jpg
    Snow Camo 2.jpg