Smoked meat

Discussion in 'BBQ Recipes' started by kroppe, Jul 18, 2020.

1. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Might be best pulled pork I've ever eaten. Its up there! The time savings alone is worth it.

kroppe likes this.
  2. No Mas

No Mas

12BE55E2-A6E6-4327-9922-BA3360EC5C1F.jpeg 06F48C17-7DF2-4952-BD7A-41A3DF233A0B.jpeg One of two roast and almost there... Wrapped at 160, pulled at 200. Cut into bite size pieces, smothered in Sweet Baby Ray’s and butter. Covered in a tin pan and going on for an hour, then uncovered for 15 minutes or so.

AmericanRepeater and kroppe like this.

3. No Mas

No Mas

4. plugger

plugger Premium Member

IMG_0377.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

kroppe likes this.
  5. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

UPDATE:
    The smoked/instant pot pulled pork was absolutely delicious. Just have to give you guys a warning.

IF you smoke the pork first, then finish it in the instant pot, the silicon seal will apparently forever smell like glorious smoke. It is not a bad thing to me, but my wife does not appreciate it. For the life of me, I cannot fathom a human not liking the smell of hickory smoked pork, but just putting it out there.

U.P.Grouse Chaser and kroppe like this.
  6. kroppe

kroppe

Smoked 4 racks of ribs today, the crowd loved them.

I used the 3-2-1 method again, this time with more liquid, and it was sweet liquid. I used a half juice box of apple juice, per rack of ribs. They turned out great.

My "rub" is salt, pepper and thyme. Simple and good.

The previous time I used water only as the liquid, and not much of it. This time the ribs were more tender, and possibly had a sweeter taste. I don't like my food bathed in sugar, but the small amount of apple juice was good. Sorry no pictures this time.

Next up is a pork shoulder, waiting in the freezer.

No Mas likes this.
  7. hommer23

hommer23

6 pound butt in insta pot, total time two hours 25 minutes from cutting the wrapper and ready to sauce half of it
    D6BFD8CD-51A3-494C-A71E-35641FEE3E19.jpeg

kroppe likes this.
  8. kroppe

kroppe

Has anyone used charcoal pellets in an electric smoker? I have used apple pellets with ribs twice.

When I am running low on apple pellets, I will get some charcoal pellets and mix a handful or two of charcoal with the apple. How much flavor difference do charcoal pellets make?