Smallie Report

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by Ooey Gooey Bouy, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ooey Gooey Bouy

Ooey Gooey Bouy

....Anybody have one? Thinking about heading out this Saturday. Just wondering how its been going out there....

Thanks guys,

MIke

2. unclefrank

unclefrank

Smallies? God, I wish.

Will be doing canals on Saturday, panfish and pike - from shore. Boat won't be in the water until 2nd week in April. I'm an Anchor Bay guy, so I'm hoping for some action in the bay or Clinton River mouth or Metro area or ...... aw hell, I won't talk about smallies until I actually find them.

Ooey, try Selfridge launch area, either from shore or if you have a boat to get out, head down to the barracks. No well guarded secret here. Launch some tubes as far out as you can cast. Water is still pretty cold yet, and I'm hoping that area lights up this year for the spawn. Last year was a bust, or I missed the window back then.

3. raisinrat

raisinrat Outdoorblog.net Member Premium Member

Yes guys have started to catch them details of these said location are a little fuzzy how ever. The guys that are out now tend to keep things a little tight lipped. I would try looking in the common spring areas if it sunny out.

Square Bills, JerkBaits, and Blade Baits where good last year when they opened the season year round last year. Water temps are simlar in some areas to that time right now.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  4. richie722

richie722

I heard a few were taken on chug bugs out in the shipping channel last week.

Ooey Gooey Bouy likes this.
  5. River Rat

River Rat

You can find smallies on the mile roads this time of year. Just got off the water with 3 decent fish. Just drift around with tubes from 6-10 foot of water on rock piles and weed beds and your bound to hook up

Attached Files:

6. DLHirst

DLHirst

Good looking fish. Thanks for the measure of optimism!