Small Rifle Safe recommendations

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 7mmsendero, Apr 4, 2018.

1. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

I moved to a 2 story house, and would like a small rifle safe for the bonus room. Cabelas provault by Liberty in the 12 gun looks interesting. Under $400, I’d be good with a 5 gun or so, but I’m not seeing much in terms of quality or value.

Anyone have something that’s pretty good?

2. Jet08

Jet08

Since you are referring to it in the sense of a rifle safe I am assuming you will be putting scoped rifles in it? You will be surprised how full a 12 gun safe will be with 5 scoped rifles. My recommendation is to go bigger with the 12 gun as you have stated.

Quack Addict likes this.

3. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Agree ...gun safes are like boats ...always buy bigger than you think you need .

357Maximum likes this.
  4. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

Thanks for the input. We have a big safe in the garage, I wanted one upstairs where we sleep. Picked up a Liberty Provault at Cabelas today, 12 gun for $330 on sale plus in stock discount. Seems nice, pretty heavy still. 250 lbs.

5. KelvinSmart5

KelvinSmart5

Personally, I'm not a safe guru and a great advisor here, but I have done a fair amount of research on gun safes, and what I found out may be of help to those looking at safes/gun safes. When it comes to buying safes you actually get what you pay for. Prior to purchasing any rifle safe, do your research, read reviews, these ones may be useful https://secretstorages.com/best-gun-safe-under-1000/ .