Slip Float Set Up - Salmon/Steelhead

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by steelyspeed, Sep 8, 2020.

1. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Hey All,

Most of my river steelhead fishing has involved bouncing a spawn bag on bottom with a split shot. I am ready to elevate my presentation with a slip float set up. What floats and stops would you recommend?

2. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

I personally prefer the shorter stubby beau Mac clear plastic floats in 15 gram. Yes, a common complaint is that they can crack when smacked against the boat, log, wall, etc. but also so cheap that I don’t care when I hang one up in a tree. Search around the internet. Usually ordering them from the west coast is the cheapest compared to bass pro or what have you. I think I ordered my last round from sportco in wa? Can’t recall honestly.

aero floats with the stem up top offer more read-ability, and are basically indestructible.

of the two, it feels like when weighted properly, the beau Mac pulls under with the least amount of felt resistance from fish.

I like the little black rubber oval bobber stops.

just my opinion.

3. steelyspeed

steelyspeed

Thanks, for fishing gear I usually go for the cheap and replaceable options :)

4. jeepgod

jeepgod

Todd's Bug Bobbers in Mancelona Sports. Hand carved and durable. Uses 1/16 silicone tubing similar to other pole floats and eliminates line kink.

Attached Files: