Simple steelhead

Discussion in 'North - North East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by ausable_steelhead, Mar 10, 2018.

1. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

So my fiancé and I have been busy planning a move, and waiting to close on our new house, in a new town. In the meantime, we took a little break to do some steelheading. We didn’t have a ton of time, so we fished simple with bobbers and fresh steelhead spawn. We fished a few spots, and found some solid, beautiful fish.

My fiancé caught a skamania last summer, but felt these were her first real steelhead. She’s got salmon on skein down pat, but has been frustrated by steelhead so far. That changed after a couple quick hookups! All in all, we had a great time together, and hit some good fish. No complaints.

2. fishdip

fishdip

Beautiful fish,thanks for sharing,im getting ready.

3. bigmac

bigmac

Great fish! Hopefully be up next weekend!
    Save me a few!! Lol

cosborn likes this.
  4. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Better keep that young lady around. The ones who like to fish are hard to find.

Slippin' and LushLife like this.
  5. piscatorial warrior

piscatorial warrior Premium Member

Nice Catch Jon! The fish are pretty cool too!

feedinggrounds likes this.
  6. SJC

SJC

I think that's why I like steelhead so much. They are simple. A beautiful, hard fighting fish that is real easy to catch and the equipment needed to do so is minimal. No fancy boats, no expensive lures, no one hour magic time twice a day. All I need is a few hooks, splitshot, some bait, a couple goldenrods, and maybe a few High Life's.

You need to do a better job of blotting out the background, though. I know every spot in those pics. My nine year old was trying to figure out who we were fishing behind. He had it half right by reading the tracks. He said it was someone who smoked and and that they had a kid with them. At least you guys left us a few...

7. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

We just fished a couple hours Friday afternoon. Not enough time to catch them all, though we don’t try for that anyways.

Lots of guys smoking on the rivers. I only do when I fish. I’d rather fish ahead of you, then behind Stan...that’s for sure. We also had to fish behind people; oh well.

8. jumbojake

jumbojake

Splendid job to yur future captainete, and ya captain! Wounderfull spring steely,s:)cheers to your new home port.you all get busy lovin and fashon4life;)

9. unclecrash

unclecrash

Nice man ,them some silver bullets. LOL