Simcoe

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by salmon_slayer06, Feb 7, 2018.

1. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

IMG_2568.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2577.JPG IMG_2626.JPG Fished willow beach and chased hot reports. Turned out to be a bust. Drove all over in close out deep. Everyone said Virginia Beach and port bolster in between the islands was on fire. Went out where local did good and lit them up. Copper guster red paint white bead red eye. Had to drop than let sit for a minute. Slowly lift off bottom 10 feet stop and fish inhaled it. Jig it snap it you spooked everything down there. Weird... willow beach was slow easy limits out on east end 25-27 fow. Late in day moved deeper did even better but time to go home...... easy fishing get them while you can.
    I frown upon buying from Walmart but had to get a decent cooler to keep fish from freezing. I give 4 stars out of 5. Soon they will be pulled off shelves. Yeti is in lawsuit with company for copying..

2. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Just to confirm , are you saying out of Port Bolster , between the islands is on fire? Not heading to Simcoe , but am familiar with Port Bolster and believe Virginia Beach is quite a distance.I may be wrong, just trying to clarify.

3. salmon_slayer06

salmon_slayer06

Both Virginia Beach and port bolster are good right now. Virginia Beach is thee best spot to fish always is always will be. Except when it's first ice when everyone is over there. Now that it's safe everywhere no pressure. Bolster is hot bite right now. Fish must be in from the deep. Must be in for the shrimp feast.....seen this last year..

salmonslammer and kisherfisher like this.
  4. grew255

grew255

5. grew255

grew255

We did well in the 20-25’ range also but we were between fox and Georgina. Lots of good fish around if you find them. The shallow water is still holding fish also.

slabstar and kisherfisher like this.
  6. rippper

rippper

thx for the report slayer.....heading back in a few weeks, staying near V.B......

7. GreyGhostII

GreyGhostII

Hey guys, looking for a little help and never been to Simcoe before but traveling for business to Toronto and have a day and a half to fish next Friday and Saturday(2/16/17) Not able to bring a machine over but looking for some thoughts on where I could walk out from and still be able to find a few fish. Appreciate any thoughts or comments.

8. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Simcoe can be tough for hoofing it... Might want to consider calling Casey's in Port bolster for Floyd Hales in Beaverton... I believe they do shuttles.

If your OK with driving on the ice... There is a ice road off Hadden rd ( Virginia Beach) and Port Bolster.

Walking it...I would suggest Jacksons Point, sibbald Point Park, or Willow Beach.

I'm planning on being up there that weekend. Just not sure what days yet. Working out the logistics

rippper likes this.
  9. GreyGhostII

GreyGhostII

Thanks Salmonslammer, I would consider driving out for sure, Is there enough ice? how far would you need to go out from Virginia Beach? Would have sent you a pm but I can't seem to figure how to do since that last update.

10. gman1984

gman1984

last i heard they were drilling 22" n that was 2 weeks ago. Virginia beach ........prob go out 2 miles. That will be in 11'. Port Bolster will put you deep with Caseys n prob put you on fish also.

11. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Yep...Caseys has a tree line going out.

12. Chaz44646

Chaz44646

At Simcoe now, no bite yest for several out of PB, 18” ice everywhere, 8-10” snow on top makes tough for quads

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

13. jumbo_perch

jumbo_perch

We were there last weekend and bottomed our the auger a few times. Fishing was slow, but can’t wait to get back

14. bow.hunter

bow.hunter

8-10 inches of snow out there and calling for that by Sunday night. February blahs for some people. First light bite is still the best for the big ones but they aren't around long.

15. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Yep.... I call them the mid-winter doldrums!

Thanks the heads up... just went and digged the auger extension out!