close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Simcoe lakers and white fish

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by kbowarmy, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:27 PM.

1. kbowarmy

kbowarmy

Heading to simcoe thurs- sunday. Going after perch but wanted to target some white fish and lakers for one of the days. Any advice on where to start looking? What is the best depth this time the year? We are staying at peninsula resorts. Going to fish mainly between the two islands thor and georgina. Pm me if u want. Thx.

2. gman1984

gman1984

Pretty good laker area just past the islands. Take a sled ride on the long trail that runs to the shanty town out deep. They run guides and services out there daily, you cant miss them transporters. That should get you in the general area for dem lakers, eh?

3. wgorby

wgorby

kbowarmy....I have the same plan as you early next month. Could care less about lake trout but a few whitefish would be great. Let us know how you do. Good Luck!

4. kbowarmy

kbowarmy

Will do wgorby. Thanks gman1984. That was my plan. To go out Past the islands and get out and start around 50-60 fow. Then move around until we find em. My guess is use the same jigs and spoons/ jiggin raps that we use on sag bay. Let me know if anybody has any other suggestions on bait.

5. bigdaddy308

bigdaddy308

I will be at Casey’s fri thru Monday and love to get some whitefish also. We rented Casey’s shanty’s for 2 days. Do the white fish get caught while perch fishing there?

6. sureshot006

sureshot006

Sometimes... not consistently.

bigdaddy308 likes this.